• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wisc/Minn Border Spring Plow Day!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I just checked my garden soil. While it isn't "sticky" muddy, I wouldn't want to plow in it... Seeing that Art hasn't posted, I'm guessing he decided to go plow.

Don't feel too bad Kraig. I haven't even tried to get anything started or dig my trailer out of storage yet, 45 and cloudy just isn't much motivation. So I didn't got either.

Hey guy,we missed you!! It actually turned into a pretty good day. We didn't get there til about 1130, and the field was in great condition. Wasn't that much rain, corn stalks didn't bother hardly at all. And of course left camera at home --- darn it. But Vince and Art took lots of pics, so I know some will be posted.
A big THANKs to the FFA for hosting this, just needed more little plows, the "big" guys plowed more than we did. Ron

Kraig/Brian-
Yes, the day started out wet, but Ron is right, it was a great event. The FFA kids did a great job as usual. Sorry you couldn't be there!

Here are a few highlights...

224504.jpg

224505.jpg

224506.jpg

224507.jpg

224508.jpg

224509.jpg

224510.jpg

I'll let Vince explain why he was seen plowing BACKWARDS while in previously plowed soil for part of the day...
snacks.gif

Thank you Art for letting us know about this Plow Day and thanks you to the Osceola FFA for putting on a wonderful event!

Tomorrow I'll upload my pics from my camera.

And I'm guessing there will be NO pictures of me plowing backwards... Seems I donated 2 front suitcase weights to the plowed field, plowed my furrow backwards for a 100 or so feet and did not find them - I was wondering if there'd be a pic of this.

Here's some pics from this Plow Day.
Art on his Plow Special
224611.jpg

His daughter
224612.jpg

Art again
224613.jpg

Hydraulic Lift-nice!
224614.jpg

Larry Paist and maybe his son?
224615.jpg

My dad Ron and his Red O
224616.jpg

Larry again
224617.jpg

My Dad on his 1000
224618.jpg

Myself
224619.jpg

Cub Cadets we brought, from right to left, the Red Original, the 1000, and my 122
224620.jpg

John Deere D
224621.jpg

John Deere 50
224622.jpg

John Deere 620
224623.jpg

50-60 or more years separate these 2
224624.jpg

Vincent, I usually don't give opinions that weren't asked for "but" did you consider painting the grill white and the hood red, I have always thought one of the best looking tractors out there was the 1206. You could tell one of them at a mile.

Nice pics guys, looks like a good time. Wish I could have made it but with the holiday it just didn't allow the time.

Vince & Art, thanks for the pics. I thought about attending, but we had so much cold weather and water around here, I couldn't believe it would be dry enough to plow over there. Maybe next year...

Having a little withdrawl symptoms, thinking about Rockford, IA this time of year...

Back