• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Winterization ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use MMO and/or Stabil in all the gas that have for my small engines. The only one I ever had issues with was the Allis Chalmers 620 but it sat for over ten years. :yikes: The B&S on my MTD rear tine tiller that I bought new in the early 1990's is the best starting engine I own. Full choke and it starts on the first pull in late May after setting since September the prior year. I rarely use the full tank of gas over the course of the summer so the mixture that's in the tank likely has gas that several years old.
old.gif

Well it didn't. Anyway, there's a video in there about today's fuel.

I'm with Charlie, my 100 has 1-1/2 year old gas in it. I did disconnect the battery though. Got it out this summer. Hooked the battery back up, after a few tries it fired right up.
I intend to fill it with fresh gas and once I remove the snowblower, I'll put the blade on it and use it in conjunction with the 1450 with snowblower.
Ultimately I would prefer to go to the lengths of proper storage but realistically I just park it. 😁

Don’t believe in Stabilizers. But do believe in fresh Ethanol free gas. We have Gas stations in our area that has no gasmixed with ethanol. Very important. 2-3 oz. Mystery oil in gas and in tank to keep lubricant. And funny no one mentioned “Fluid Film” I spray that on everything

Don’t believe in Stabilizers. But do believe in fresh Ethanol free gas. We have Gas stations in our area that has no gasmixed with ethanol. Very important. 2-3 oz. Mystery oil in gas and in tank to keep lubricant. And funny no one mentioned “Fluid Film” I spray that on everything
2-3 oz. ? I hope that's in a 5 gallon can!

Can we burn high test gas ( high octane ) in our kohler engines ok. I had to start using it in my farmall super A and super C old green machine. Ethanol does not work. Alcohol evaporates you end up with water (every low octane)

Can we burn high test gas ( high octane ) in our kohler engines ok. I had to start using it in my farmall super A and super C old green machine. Ethanol does not work. Alcohol evaporates you end up with water (every low octane)
I think several of us just said that. (y)

I've used Fluid Film to spray the frame on my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo to help slow down the rust. It does seem to work well for that.

I'm in the "leave fuel in it" camp. One of my Cubs has to sit outside (well covered with a tarp) from November through March. I fill it with non-ethanol fuel with SeaFoam and Mystery Oil added, run it a bit, then shut it down and pull the battery. That's all. No problems starting in the spring, been doing this for about 8 years now.

Run snowmobile gas in everything, plus MMO and you'll never have a problem. (y)

I've got a 1450 I parked in the back shed 5 years ago that I filled up and stored, took it out last week, put a battery in it and it fired off after 3 roll overs.
What are you calling snowmobile gas? Non Ethanol gas?

Yep, every station up here has it. It's actually labeled non-oxygenated . Which in a word means blended without adding oxygen-rich additives like MTBE, IE: methanol or ethanol
Thanks,Kinda hard to find here but Non Ethanol is sold at some Kwik Fill stations here. Octan is about 90. Use it in my lawn and garden Equipment and Hot Rods

Does anyone have any information on winter blended gasoline as opposed to summer blend? If so, does it make any difference regarding storage?

Greg, morning coffee,30 deg.what better to do than read facts on gas production.Way over my head but a very interesting read.From it I gained a new perspective of why gas contents change from location and temperature and how it effects storage.One doesn't have to be a chemist to appreciate the explanations.Thanks for posting !!

Back