• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

winter projects to stay busy

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staying busy in below freezing temps ,in the basement ..A few of my recent projects...an old straight razor mounted in a deer leg, antler tip with jigsaw blade, turkey toe jig saw blade with 45 cal brass,,coyote jaw letter opener,elk antler handle with large hacksaw blade....just got to keep on keeping on....what have you made this month???

Attachments

• 100_1504.JPG
    100_1504.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 85
Blame auto-correct for thinking it knows better...

A couple years ago I had someone tell me that the files we use here in the shop were good for making knives,so when they were dull I started saving them instead of putting them in the scrap barrel. I have a couple dozen or so of various lengths. If you knife makers have any interest in them pm me your address and I'll send you some.

Cleaned the carbon from the head and piston/valve on the 1050. New Kohler head gasket installed. Made it run like new-no more lean misfire. Getting all of the other lawn equipment ready for the cutting season.

Here's my latest project. The mantle that was there was a 3×10 pine beam that was stained a walnut colour. It was hideous. I had this 5×12 oak beam for about ten years, it was rough cut and I didn't know what to do with it. When we bought this house, I knew exactly why I saved that board for all these years. I jointed two sides, back and bottom, then ran it through my planer for the top. I chose to leave the face rough cut, for that rustic look. Then I sanded to 320 grit, and hit the face with 220 just to take the roughness out of it, and to make dusting easier. I think it turned out pretty OK!
20211226_123925.jpg

Gary, do you dress up the story with things like: well, this one was named Jake, that one over there was Rover, and the one on the far wall was my best dog ever named Fido...?

Jim, I did hunting shows for 25 yrs and have had discussion with hundreds of protesters and idiots.I usually just took my attitude to the point of making them look like fools and left them frustrated or angry..I was not above naming a dog for a jaw knife...Sometimes it was just plain fun.messing with their minds...

Jay, I'm guessing the work on the mantle was challenging due to the size of the stock, it turned out great!
I really like the picture above the mantle also, were those your dogs or is that a commercially available print?

Back