• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Winter, 2019-2020

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Here's my snow crew for this season
This trio should handle most anything Ma can throw our way
1450 W/QA42A
149 W/DanCo and snow bucket plus weight bhox on rrear and fluid filled tires
882 smoker w/42" hydraulic angle blade.

DSCN7542.JPG
DSCN7541.JPG

Here's my snow crew for this season
This trio should handle most anything Ma can throw our way
1450 W/QA42A
149 W/DanCo and snow bucket plus weight bhox on rrear and fluid filled tires
882 smoker w/42" hydraulic angle blade.

View attachment 136387View attachment 136388

Is the hydraulic angle blade a custom fabrication? I don't have aux ports on my 107, but have been thinking about how handy a powered angle would be, and I'm looking for an excuse to do something with hydraulics.

Here's my setup:
IMG_20191208_164733.jpg

I have a tiny lot in a first ring suburb of Minneapolis, but my paver driveway is a decent size. I also tend to clear the driveway of the elderly neighbor lady across the alley.

The Toro snowblower was free from a friend, needing a belt, carb cleaning, and some misc nuts and bolts replaced. The Ariens was a steal off Craigslist, needing new nuts welded on both sides for the handle.

I've got some video of me clearing snow in the Cub over Thanksgiving break, I'll get it uploaded and post a link.

This winter my snow removal equipment is all the wrong color. 😱

I have a black (Rust-Oleum rattle can special) Allis Chalmers WC to thank for my "appreciation" of what a tractor is and can do. My step father in law used it to develop his 30 acres of raw iron range land.

I don't get too hung up on color, though I can surely appreciate and admire the time and effort that is put into a restoration. I hope for the time, money, and patience to tackle a full restore of probably either an original or a 782 sometime in my future.

With any luck my son (7mo right now) will be into tractors, then we can wrench "together".

I grew up on an 80 acre hobby farm we had a bunch of horses and an occasional cow or sheep. We had a game farm license and had wild turkeys, ducks, geese, bobwhite quail, pheasants, pigeons and chickens. We used the pigeons to train German Shorthair hunting dogs. Anyway when I was little my parents had an Allis Chalmers C which they traded in for a brand new model 125 in 1969 when I was 8. My cousins lived on the adjacent farm and they had milk cows and beef cattle and a bunch of IH tractors. I'm a die hard fan of IH tractors. I still have the 125 that my parents bought but I took it apart several years ago and have VERY slowly been working on restoring it. I have several other Cub Cadets as well. Having said that, last year I bought a 2004 JD X-585 garden tractor. My father had bought an X-585 brand new in 2004 (he passed away in 2007) I have been using it at the farm to mow with and clear the driveways as my mom still lives there. The one I bought has a serial number only 4 numbers away from my moms. I've been very impressed with the one my parents have and that is why I decided to buy one for myself. I dug around on my PC this morning and found some photos from last year.

First is my moms. Hers has better tires, a rear CAT-1 lift and rear PTO. That's a 47" two stage snow blower on it:

Moms JD X-585_01.jpg

Moms JD X-585_02.jpg

This one is mine, it has plain old turf tires no rear lift or rear PTO it has a 46" single stage snow thrower. I do have rear wheel weights and both mine and my moms are 4wd so no need for tire chains on either. I need to get a cab for mine, makes it much more comfortable when clearing snow.

My JD X-585_01.jpg

My JD X-585_02.jpg

I still have my #2 125 that I can use and at the farm we have a bigger JD 5210 with front end loader. Here's a photo from back around 2001 taken in my driveway of them both.

Cub_vs_JD_01.jpg

I have a 1450 (needs some work and is missing some parts, side panels, air filter box, muffler and muffler box cover) that has the optional front outlets. It also has the cold weather start kit installed. This was going to be my new snow removal tractor but then the X-585 appeared...

1450_and_Attachments.jpg

The 882 pictured in the 1st post has front hydraulic outlets and the angle blade set up is OEM.
It was a factory option on the 1450 and 1650 as well.

Very cool. I had heard of some models having some form of aux hydraulics, maybe that is what I will look out for once space allows for a second machine...

Do any of you have any experience with haban snow blowers? I have a 42" with what appears to be a homemade mule drive. Got it mounted to 1650 but auger appears to be turning the wrong way. Nothing comes out the shoot and snow disappears. Belts dont cross or anything crazy so i wonder if auger needs turned around if thats possible or its just scrap metal?

Do any of you have any experience with haban snow blowers? I have a 42" with what appears to be a homemade mule drive. Got it mounted to 1650 but auger appears to be turning the wrong way. Nothing comes out the shoot and snow disappears. Belts dont cross or anything crazy so i wonder if auger needs turned around if thats possible or its just scrap metal?

Photos would help us figure things out. Post some if you can.

asap, but dont make fun of the mess. Like probably most of u storage is becoming a problem and trying to refurb a deck for same tractor

ha! Storage definitely becoming a problem here. We decided to hold off on moving to a bigger house for the winter. My wife and I had to talk ourselves out of buying a second cub that I found on Craigslist, it would have to sit on a trailer at a storage lot anyway unfortunately. It seemed like a heck of a deal though: Cub 1650, plow, snowblower, trailer, and seeder for $400.

ha! Storage definitely becoming a problem here. We decided to hold off on moving to a bigger house for the winter. My wife and I had to talk ourselves out of buying a second cub that I found on Craigslist, it would have to sit on a trailer at a storage lot anyway unfortunately. It seemed like a heck of a deal though: Cub 1650, plow, snowblower, trailer, and seeder for $400.

Back