• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Windows movie maker issues

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Anyone familiar or proficient with this???
Trying to put together a slide show presentation of all my old trucking pictures and putting them in chronological order.

Having issues with title pages and adding text captions.

Anyone??? Kraig???

Thanks in advance It sucks to be 74 and trying to figure this crap out!!!

I have used it a few times to edit video, however I've never tried to use it with still photos or to add text. My daughter uses it all the time and could probably easily answer your question. I will ask her this evening when she gets home from work, providing she doesn't get home too late.

Thanks Kraig.
The issue is with the title pages. They seem to want to spill over onto the pictures from time to time.
That and the captions move around and wind up under pictures that I have not even captioned.

David, my daughter wants to know which version you are using. Apparently the various versions are quite different with how they handle the title pages and captions.

After looking at her version (version 2012) I believe that it has to do with the text “start time” and “duration” settings.

It's on my laptop that has been upgraded to windows 10.

It seems that It needs 2 title pages, side by side, to get any length (3 or 4 line paragraph) to a title page, so it (page #1) will spill over onto page #2 so it stays up long enough to get read by someone?? Am I correct in that assumption?? The program only allows 30 seconds per view max.

the captions get overlaid on the pictures and are hard to read due to the picture itself. That's why I use a title page prior to some pictures to explain the content of the next picture(s) that display.

David, yes, I think if you need additional time you can add in another title page with the same text. So you could technically get 60 seconds with two, 90 seconds with three, and so on. For photos you can add a second copy of the same image if you want the image (with or without a caption) to be up longer than the 30 seconds.

My daughter has different versions on a couple of different laptops. The newest version (version 2012) is on a Win8 laptop, the older version is on an old WinXP laptop.

Back