• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wind turbine struck by lightning

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad this is not in my backyard.
How many wild fires have these damn things started

Dang it David - last time I was in Iowa, up in the northwest section on my way to Lake Okoboji, there sure were alot of these wind mills. Never thought of it at the time but flat land and tall structures don't mix well with lightn'n.
(By the way, had alot of fun water skiing or attempting it since I only got up once, but it had been 50 years. Last time before that I was a senior in HS).

WE got the damn things around here too, some just 3 miles east of town
And a drag strip just south of town we have to listen to every weekend for 7 months.
So much for quiet small town living, huh?

Back