• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Will 2130 work well enough to cut my son's yard?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchamberlin

displayname
Jeremiah Chamberlin
Buying what appears to be a Model 2130 tomorrow in an effort to get my son a riding lawn mower. (The side panels were missing [accidentally scrapped, I'm told] so I'm going off the Model Number of 135-212-F100.) I was surprised to learn that the motor was a 12.5 HP Kohler single cylinder with overhead cam, and that the crankshaft was horizontal, not vertical. The engine-to-deck layout is identical to the garden tractors I'm used to working on. I'm just wondering what experience anyone has had with this "Series 2000" instance of a Cub Cadet and what opinions you formed. I'll probably own it by the time you read this, but I'm still curious to learn what others may think or experienced of Cub Cadet in this style and vintage. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Jeremiah C. A coworker bought a 2000 Series a few years back. Other than the hood brackets kept breaking due to the hood over extending and the thing can't get enough traction going on side hills he likes his.

He should love the 2130 then. Congratulations on the purchase.
312587.gif

Back