• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wide frame vs. Narrow frame

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwsmith

displayname
glen smith
Thought a new thread might be in order......I have both,wide and narrow, and i prefer the wide frame to the narrow for acess....but which is stronger??? i don't know...

Glen
the wide frame is stronger, it has to be there is more metal. 8/9 and QL models would be the strongest I think. It looks as if they rolled the frame out on the 82's to get in two cylinder which would weaken them somewhat.
just my 2 cents worth.
Rob

Geometery plays an important roll in strength, the full length rolled edge (front) on the top of a wide frame rail ads considerable stiffness....

I won't get into the "which is stronger" debate, other than to say, consider ALL of the factors, thickness, geometery, const. etc.

The next time a shear a drive pin back by the tranny on the 106, I may call someone that likes the NF to come and replace it for me, or I will be pulling the tranny out of the machine to fix it. Now to pull the drive shaft on the WF, just pull the center cover, remove a few bolts and pins, and just pull it out. How easier can it be. No laying on the ground trying to get at things from the bottom with everything else in the way.

Removeing the roll pin/ shear pin on the rearend end of the drive shaft on a NF is not a big issue if you know what and how to do it.
I have done this to 2 102's a 122 and a 126 and I have not yet had to lay on my back or jack up the tractor to do it. AND NO! there is not a blue tip wrench involved in this.

If you are lucky you can get them from the lift lever frame "window" on a narrow frame with a hydro or creeper, but I still prefer that nice removeable frame cover......
happy.gif
happy.gif

STEVE - I got some pic's of how I replaced the roll pin I sheared at PD two years ago on the 72. I know Kraig will want Me to send Him some copies and I don't even have them scanned. But it involved a chain, and a bunch of wood blocks for wheel chocks, and the Loader on the Super H. Lot easier working on the underside of the tractor when it's Verticle than having dirt & junk falling in Your face.

KRAIG - Looks about the same as Donnie Harmon's pic's of His 125 on the Other forum. I'll scan them up & e-mail them to You this weekend. ;-) I actually should just mail You My whole photo album. Or maybe make You a CD?

Back