• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Why does plumbing act UP during holidays and week-ends?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
I knew we were headed for a plumber to come out and run the sewer line but with the holidays I was holding my breath and hoping it would not back up on Christmas day. ( I use to work for a sewer comp, so I can judge what is going on with the lines..lol) The sink in the downstairs bathroom was gurling just a little the past 4-5 days, then on Christmas eve day, it was really gurling. Not a good sign. I knew it would be about impossible to get them out here on Eve day, and didn't want to pay overtime, so held my breath it would hold off till after Christmas, and the day after, when flushing the UP stool, the water in the DS stool wouldnt go down. so I knew I better make the call before I had a MESS to deal with.

Ben took the stool off and discovered the pcp pipe was off center and there was a good-sized space/gap that everytime you flushed the DS stool, it would run into the crawlspace(basement). He ran the line to open us up so we could use the UPS stool. I told Ben when I ran the water out of the washer, it didnt spin out as quickly as it should and so he thought he better check under the house. discovered there were two bad places besides the downstair stool issues. there is a hole in the copper pipe that goes from the washer, and so everytime I did a load of laundry, it ran into the crawlspace. and also one over by where the lines go into the single sewer line. sigh.

it was decided to wait till this morning to have Duanne out .. Job entails:replace all the plumbing for the DS stool.! and then fix the leaks in the lines. No clue how long it has been leaking, but Duanne said it is really WET down there. Marlin went to get big pieces of cardboard for him to lay on. Duanne said he had tarps, but heck if you can get the cardboard dirty instead, why not

Sure glad Marlin is home on vacation. I am usually the one who has to deal with the messes. So I can just sit back and relax..kind of.

Cathleen
angel.gif

As of right now we're three fourth's done. DRAIN TECH has to come out and clean another plugged line. Everything else is okay. Fancy had to go outside and check his truck over. Annie watched from her usual position on the stairs. I just found out this morning that the fella that installed our furnace and air conditioner knew of a couple of the problems when he installed the items and he also knew that we would have paid him to fix the bad spots BEFORE they became a problem since he, too is a plumber. Totally different company.
1a_scratchhead.gif

What a bummer. Thank god Marlin is around to deal with it.

David, lol on Princess being there to help. Fancy didnt' seem in the mood, as he was ticked his litter pan wasn't IN the bathroom, but Annie did keep her vigil till the end. After Duanne got done with the plumb work, he said that Ben needed to come back, as there was still a backed up line. We ran water in the downstairs shower and no problem, but when I ran the washer again, it was spiting up water, so when Ben came back I told him I thought he needed to run the bathroom sink line. He didnt' think that was it, but he did, and low and behold, he pulled back roots. SEE, I do know what I'm talking about, and it did save Ben having to go into the crawlspace to deal with anything. lol. I didnt gloat till he left. hahaha. Not sure why he didnt pull roots back when he was doing the stool line? anways, I knew that the sink line would fix it. I learned a lot when I worked for the sewer comp, so when they come they usually don't have to figure things out, I normally have the root of the problem figured out, and that saves $$ too.

Melody, yep, I'm glad Marlin was home this time around. Usually he's at work,but I still wanted to hear what they were doing and then try to help, so I had myself in it too, but I wasn't nearly as stressed out. In March when I had them out, I didnt even tell Marlin till a few days later.!! smiles.

angel.gif

Latest posts

Back