• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Who makes the Best Push mower (Commercial)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other question, what is your planned use? Will you be the only thing you are using to mow your yard? Will it just be a "trim mower" to use where a larger machine/rider won't fit. WIll you be using it to mow multiple yards as a business? These factor in.... I have a Cub Cadet SC 100 Push Mower. They no longer make this exact model, the current one is an SC 100 HW (it has the larger wheels in the back, mine has 4 wheels the same size). I've had this since the start of mowing season 2015. It's my "trim mower" that I only use to trim with, or get in tight spots the tractors or now the ZTR won't fit. It has worked very well, has started with the 1st or 2nd pull every time. I've changed the oil, and sharpened the blade. Noting else has needed to be done with it. I would say it get 10-15 hours a year (it gets used at more than just the house). I'm very happy with it.... and would but a similar model again.

On a side note, I have been happy with all my newer Cub Cadet equipment. Yes, I still have my Quietlines, and they still get used, they aren't going anywhere. But I have this 6 year old Push Mower, a 5 year old CC string trimmer / brush cutter (has the straight, shaft that the attachments can be changed out on them) (similar to the current BC 280) and a CC ULTIMA ZT1 54" ZTR I bought new last year. All 3 have started and worked fine EVERY TIME I wanted to use them. No down time with any of them... so I understand the newer CC stuff isn't built like the old IH stuff, but the stuff from the last few years, at least for me, has served me well and I am very happy with my purchase. But, do I think my 2020 ZTR will still be running in 2060... no I don't.... but I don't expect to "throw them away" anytime soon.....

Zero turn For 1 acre. Have to buy a good commercial trimmer. The commercial push for hard to reach . International cub 1 1/2 acre food plot.

Those are nice mowers. Except when the drive cable breaks. There is a lot of taking apart to do to get it replaced. I did two cable replacements on friends hr214's. So labor intense that the dealer wanted BIG bucks

Yeah, just looking at it I can see everything I would have to remove to get to the cables. Haven't had any issues with them, and the mower has always been kept maintained and as far as I know stored inside. So hopefully I'll be good for a while. If one breaks, I'll repair it. I don't really like the idea of having someone else try to repair my good working machine.

love my Snapper s/p rear bagger, I have 6 speeds to select from, heavy duty steel deck ,Briggs engine, plus can make into a recycler with changing blade and removing the rear bagger and adding recycle cover.

Different point of view....I gave up on push mowers when I got a good walk behind string trimmer(note,good)...With heavy plastic they will cut thru most anything except wood.They actually allow you to get a closer cut than a push mower.Many of them are in the 6-7 hp range,have high rear wheels and are easy to handle...Some have a changeable saw blade as well if you want to get pushy. I've whipped down 3 ft grass near the river bank many times but I don't care about chewing up the grass just cutting it...

Looking at an Exmark commercial used and. Toro commercial used. The owner of a Popular Mower landscape seller. He said he had (2) good ones at home used so i’ll check them out. $1200.00 new. He said $250 for the one or other.Seem like a good deal. I do have a ol time Gas station down the street that sells Ethanol free. So that’s half the battle. I don’t use gasoline from normal gas stations. I have a 72Buick Stage1 455. That i restored. They sell race gas also. i mix 50/50. My Quadrajet never see Ethanol

Got an Exmark today. $1400.00 new. Made by Toro. These are the Cadillacs of Toro. My lawn mower shop took care of me. $250. Yes it is used. But he told me I’ll never buy another mower. He said they are very good mowers.Kawasaki 4 cycle. With a oil filter like on your car. Mower is 3 speed. mower drives without blade spinning when you want. cut grass tonight. Yard looks good.

793EF6F8-7291-43E9-8830-8BA74D0348F9.jpeg

The ability to drive the mower without the blades engaged is probably my favorite feature of industrial/commercial push mowers.

Latest posts

Back