• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Who Made It??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Kamm

Having a hard time finding production info on my IH 182. I know there is a thread somewhere but can’t find it, can someone point me in the right direction please?? I believe it was built by IH since it has red axles. Picture of tag below. Any help is appreciated!!
ED134696-E085-425F-9035-751A9F25D5EE.jpeg

With that tag, it's a CCC (MTD) era machine.

An IH Produced machine would have a tag that looks like this:

DCF14578-152A-411D-9FA5-816E6525D38B.jpeg

Notice the difference. The IH ones actually say International Harvester. The CCC (MTD) ones just say Cub Cadet.

Another difference I have seen is the IH ones say Chicago, Illinois and the CCC ones say Cleveland, Ohio......

I'm not sure if there is a chart for the CCC ones like there is the IH Garden Tractors....... This one, you can look at one chart and get what the machine is... and another to see when it was made...... this is my latest one and it's a bit special (in my opinion), which is why I added it..... there is a couple stories, but that is for another thread.......

Last edited:
That’s great info thanks!! Looks like I have a 1982 model. I haven’t been able to find any repair manuals , any on this forum? Is there a model number stamped or tagged on the mower deck? I will be going through entire machine this winter. Thanks for help!!

Thanks for the quick response! This site is awesome! This should get me started. Do you know if the mower decks, blowers, and blades are all the same for the 182,282, and 382?

I'm about 99% certain that all the 182, 282,382 and even the 76, 81, Hydro 80 and 111 used the same 36" deck.

Back