• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in North America is Jim, and what Cub Cadet items has he found there?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, Randy is correct, that is a Sears cat-0 three point lift. They adapt quite well to a Cub Cadet. Here are some photos of one that Myron Bounds (RIP) had on his 122.

Sears Mount 2a.jpg

Sears Mount 3a.jpg

Sears Mount 4a.jpg

Sears Mount 5a.jpg

Gannon FD 36-9 on 122a.jpg

Randy wins! Thanks Kraig.

I'll take three, all with Earthcavators.

Too bad I already made it home without it. Maybe someone else who reads this will pick it up.

Chicago and now Buffalo this week. Buffalo has a 1250 on CL nearbys for $100. "needs engine work", and a Johnny Bucket or similar on a modern Cub Cadet.

Same problem I always have: I would need a bigger toolbox, more storage, and a broader minded bride.

I share these ads to help others on here, and to torture some.

Oh I see. No the Johnny bucket was a separate ad, and priced about right at $1800 I think.

My hat sure has gotten a lot of looks today at the Buffalo airport. So far, nobody has come up to talk about it.

Meanwhile, in other news, my first flight has been delayed 1/2 hour-for now. Oh, and I kicked a chilled liquid problem to the curb here. It is newly installed, and was faulting out, and leaking. I had to get waaay deeper into it than I have ever been before, but in the end, no drips, no faults, so my guys gave me the right info to get it done right the first time.

Attachments

• AB6896FF-CA8A-4FF4-8BB4-0BA12BC751CD.jpeg
    AB6896FF-CA8A-4FF4-8BB4-0BA12BC751CD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
:drool2:

Another delay in Atlanta, but it should only amount to a total of an hour and a half or less, every minute of which I get paid for.

Last edited:
And don't forget following this forum!

I’m going to Cleveland next week, and I couldn’t get a rental pickup to look at a tractor in Cincinnati, grrrr!

I ran across this nice driver 65 or 66 GT Mustang at a hotel on Long Island, NY. There has also been a 60s VW Beetle, and a Ford Falcon all in similar condition at the same hotel complex over the last decade. Funny thing is, they have all been that color. I wonder if the same guy has done them all and REALLY likes that color, or if he just got a heckuva deal on a bunch a paint that color.

Attachments

• 8B8A9CD4-078B-4946-9EE0-F1CB9B2C280A.jpeg
    8B8A9CD4-078B-4946-9EE0-F1CB9B2C280A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Maybe the Bathtub King can help me remember which year had bars in the grille, and which year had honeycomb? I have lots of trouble telling the difference between the 65s and 66s. I do much better with 67 vs 68.

As I recall, those exhaust trumpets were a major pain to get/keep aligned in the GT exhaust valance.

Attachments

• C79B469C-6E05-4E1E-9A55-D8E8A5EA54B0.jpeg
    C79B469C-6E05-4E1E-9A55-D8E8A5EA54B0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
641/2 and 65 had honeycomb grill with bars outside the pony corral in the grill. 66 has bar grill and a floating pony. Except that's a GT and should have bars and foglights regardless of if it being a 65 or 66. Still have honeycomb or bars on grill.

Thanks John.

It had bars and fogs.

Are you working on an electric project?

The latest memorabilia score: a pair of cuff links. Now my bride thinks we need to go someplace where I should wear them ...

9C446CAB-592A-4A0F-B613-CCF7029744B9.jpeg

I have a friend who takes care of a condo complex as a side job. He made one from a goldfish pond mesh cover. He then ties a "sled" made of the same material to the back hitch on his tractor and places the humongous leaf bag on top of it. The bag drags on the sled so it doesn't get ripped up. I was impressed with his homemade system even though he was dragging it with a green tractor lol. That said, he showed me his dad's tractor that he bought at the estate sale. Turns out to be a 149 with hydraulics, tiller, blade, cultivator, wheel weights etc....He is getting some paint work done while the engine is getting rebuilt.
John there any pix of that 149 you described?

Nightmares sometimes wear IH gear.

Back