• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in North America is Jim, and what Cub Cadet items has he found there?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1200 of Sweepster awesome.

You could make it in a day trip Robert.

It say it fits narrow frames...like 127s.

Last edited:
That Sweepster appears to be in very good condition! Sadly, mine is very rough.

The 3 stage is an absolute blowing animal! It'll shoot snow 35 feet high and stick it to the old growth white pines at my house. The 450 on my cyclops is by far a heavier built blower, but doesn't throw nearly as far. And the qa42 doesn't even compete with either of them.View attachment 148482

They are heavy, I had two 100 lb suitcase weights on the back just to get around and that was none too much. I'm putting 20 inch tires on the front to help with weight and rolling resistance. I thought it was putting snow out there pretty decent..............then my neighbor came over with his Rube Goldberg snowblower setup, on his B5100 Kubota (single stage) and was putting it out there twice as far o_O
He was a talented guy and a prolific builder, having built countless implements, especially plows. Even built garden tractors years ago. He died suddenly this past January, well up in his 80's.
He is the source of my 450 snowblower, he had intended to and had dismantled it to re-engineer a snowblower, fortunately he changed direction and brought me the pile of parts, that I had to set in a figure out how to put back together. It just so happened that I had just bought the 1864 and the previous owner had every piece of information one could ever hope for, even for the snowblower. :beer_chug:

I just noticed that St. Louis CL has what appears to be a nice looking Scout 800 for just under 35k:

82F00932-9D8F-45F6-9506-5B58D9E972E0.jpeg

I’m headed to Long Island where there are several IH items on CL. Here’s one for Kraig:

CA2A2727-F0D0-4912-957A-EDB0D2D70E98.jpeg

The seat is nice if not correct...but it would look great on my 782!

This morning before I left for the airport, the police broke in the door of the hotel room next to mine! That’ll wake you up. It wasn’t early, but it will put you on alert. I think I may have lost a few months/years off my life when they yelled let me see your hands, or we’ll shoot.

...note to self: sleep fully clothed, and with a drained bladder in hotel rooms from now on.

This morning before I left for the airport, the police broke in the door of the hotel room next to mine! That’ll wake you up. It wasn’t early, but it will put you on alert. I think I may have lost a few months/years off my life when they yelled let me see your hands, or we’ll shoot.

...note to self: sleep fully clothed, and with a drained bladder in hotel rooms from now on.
😲 :ROFLMAO:

This short week I have been in Kinston, NC where there is an interesting CL listing nearby.

A guy has a 128 for sale for $350, but he will give it to anyone who will fix an oil leak on his 1811. Anyone near Creedmoor, NC? Gary, do you travel to do good?

I‘m not sure when I will get back to PA, but that looks very cool. I’m in Lakeland, FL the first part of this week, then I will meet my bride for a week In Clearwater.

I echo that - thanks for sharing. That's a great service and smaller farms would use it. Having lived on Kansas most of my life - small farms are getting rare. Lots of antique tractor clubs. A buddy of mine who was a Massey Harris guy would look for his engines in combines, typically way fewer hours than tractors and would interchange.

Creedmoor, NC is just a little over 2 hours from me. I know a guy that is less than an hour from there, I am asking him if he is interested in that. If I were slightly closer, I would go get the 1811, fix it, then return the repaired unit to do the trade. I actually did a similar thing for a guy a half hour from me. He needed some repairs to his 124, so I hauled it home, repaired it, then returned it for a 122 and a 147.

He needed some repairs to his 124, so I hauled it home, repaired it, then returned it for a 122 and a 147.
I used to haul my Dad's greene tractor home for repairs, but as he got older, he couldn't rethink the controls of my Cub Cadet versus his 214, so I ended up buying a 214 as a spare to trade him whenever he needed work done. He could not stand my 38" deck versus his 50" when he needed deck work. Hehheh. My way of getting back at him for making me push most of the yard before he got our first Cub Cadet, a 124.

when i read the article and saw that low boy, i simply could not resist letting others know where at least one oldy but goody was sitting,
than if there is one,there must be more,

I'm in Clearwater, FL right now and saw this on CL. What is it? The ad called it a sleeve hitch, but it is like no sleeve hitch I have ever seen.

1658575230792.png

For the asking price of $75, it might not be a bad purchase. Best I can figure, it looks to be a manual 3-point.

I picked up a manual sleeve hitch years ago when the big box stores were clearing out the moldboard plows. It always seemed like a bad idea with the Armstrong part. It had this big long lever that liked to flex.

I'm in Clearwater, FL right now and saw this on CL. What is it? The ad called it a sleeve hitch, but it is like no sleeve hitch I have ever seen.

View attachment 150398

For the asking price of $75, it might not be a bad purchase. Best I can figure, it looks to be a manual 3-point.

I picked up a manual sleeve hitch years ago when the big box stores were clearing out the moldboard plows. It always seemed like a bad idea with the Armstrong part. It had this big long lever that liked to flex.
i believe this may be a 3 point hitch for a Sears/Roper

Back