• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in North America is Jim, and what Cub Cadet items has he found there?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll honk and wave on my way to Cincinnati later.

Today I'm in Chicagoland, and CL has an 1811 w/deck for $200! It must not run because the ad says it is not locked up. I wish I had a truck this week. I don't think it will fit in the Compass rental.

There is also a generator with a KT-17 with the same spec number as my 782.
Be careful some gens have the engine and gen shaft is one complete piece !!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

I’m not buying it. They have it listed for several times what I paid for my 782. I just found it interesting that the spec was the same.

This week I am in Buffalo again. CL has a snow chatter listed as possible IH for $120.

874EF4D3-301E-4178-AE3F-C0272CB27F09.jpeg

Looks IH to me, but I have no idea which model. Might be a good deal for someone who wouldn’t have to fit it into a suitcase to get it home.

That’s always the way. I need a bigger rental car to fit that bathtub mower, I need a rental trailer to fit a tractor, I need to drive home instead of fly (those are magically always the looong drive trips), I need a bigger suitcase, ...

This Arkansas portion of this past week was supposed to be in Monday afternoon, and out Tuesday sometime leaving Wednesday to travel to my next destination. It turned out to be sunrise to bedtime for four days before we figured out that I was destined to fail before I ever arrived.
I was supposed to install a replacement motor drive (a different drive model than was in it) and motor. We do this fairly often. The press had a 5 hp motor that was pulling too hard for a delicate job, and it was an engineering development press. We never shipped any production presses with the 5hp motor. 3hp was standard, and we never had any complaints about them being wimpy.
The first 3hp looked bad at first glance, and never improved from there. There was a black streak that looked like it was where the smoke escaped once upon a time. Are you sure this motor is new? Yes we’re sure. Set up the new drive with smoky the 3horse, and the press was only marginally better, and still had some quirks that we couldn’t live with. The encoder on the rear of the motor wobbled, and would not come off. They are supposed to slide right on and off once loosened. I had more than one person from the office ask me if I was sure I loosened it...
I ordered a new motor for Wednesday morning. It arrived on time. The second 3 horse motor ran smoother, but once the rolls got to 16” or so (40” capacity), the drive would give a thermal overload fault. It’s time to get the engineers involved...:are you guys sure this drive will run this motor? Do you have any success stories in the field?
Throughout the day Wednesday, I get requests for parameter data, and nameplate photos. Wednesday afternoon, those involved make the call to give the customer back their original setup to allow them to run production while engineering figures out what drive parameters need to be to run this 3hp.
I put their original drive back in with their original motor, I have to reload the drive parameters because the drive has been trying to run a 3hp at some point in this debacle. The combination they started with runs the job they were having trouble with perfectly! Maybe the engineering group had some odd parameter(s) in the drive because it ran 100,000 labels flawlessly this time.
So after a week‘s worth of service visit crammed into four days, and no new parts they were back up and running successfully.
On my way home, I found out that this new drive only had 2/3 of the electrical output of the original. Our engineers were told by the manufacturer that they were a direct replacement for the old ones we used. I won’t name any manufacturer names, but they were involved in the bombing of Pearl Harbor,

This Arkansas portion of this past week was supposed to be in Monday afternoon, and out Tuesday sometime leaving Wednesday to travel to my next destination. It turned out to be sunrise to bedtime for four days before we figured out that I was destined to fail before I ever arrived.
I was supposed to install a replacement motor drive (a different drive model than was in it) and motor. We do this fairly often. The press had a 5 hp motor that was pulling too hard for a delicate job, and it was an engineering development press. We never shipped any production presses with the 5hp motor. 3hp was standard, and we never had any complaints about them being wimpy.
The first 3hp looked bad at first glance, and never improved from there. There was a black streak that looked like it was where the smoke escaped once upon a time. Are you sure this motor is new? Yes we’re sure. Set up the new drive with smoky the 3horse, and the press was only marginally better, and still had some quirks that we couldn’t live with. The encoder on the rear of the motor wobbled, and would not come off. They are supposed to slide right on and off once loosened. I had more than one person from the office ask me if I was sure I loosened it...
I ordered a new motor for Wednesday morning. It arrived on time. The second 3 horse motor ran smoother, but once the rolls got to 16” or so (40” capacity), the drive would give a thermal overload fault. It’s time to get the engineers involved...:are you guys sure this drive will run this motor? Do you have any success stories in the field?
Throughout the day Wednesday, I get requests for parameter data, and nameplate photos. Wednesday afternoon, those involved make the call to give the customer back their original setup to allow them to run production while engineering figures out what drive parameters need to be to run this 3hp.
I put their original drive back in with their original motor, I have to reload the drive parameters because the drive has been trying to run a 3hp at some point in this debacle. The combination they started with runs the job they were having trouble with perfectly! Maybe the engineering group had some odd parameter(s) in the drive because it ran 100,000 labels flawlessly this time.
So after a week‘s worth of service visit crammed into four days, and no new parts they were back up and running successfully.
On my way home, I found out that this new drive only had 2/3 of the electrical output of the original. Our engineers were told by the manufacturer that they were a direct replacement for the old ones we used. I won’t name any manufacturer names, but they were involved in the bombing of Pearl Harbor,
:bash:

The guys from Didde who have been through my company were well-trained quality guys.

By the time I got that Arkansas Cub Cadet home, I would be into it almost deep enough to buy a new Xtreme Motorworks 3 point. What other parts does that tractor have that I could use? Will the wheels fit my 782? I need wheels and tires badly. I do not want to drag out a part out since spring is coming and the pool will take up much of my time very soon.

By the time I got that Arkansas Cub Cadet home, I would be into it almost deep enough to buy a new Xtreme Motorworks 3 point. What other parts does that tractor have that I could use? Will the wheels fit my 782? I need wheels and tires badly. I do not want to drag out a part out since spring is coming and the pool will take up much of my time very soon.
I just looked at the ad in little Rock, he's got it down to $300 now! Better jump on it! If it were within 12 hours of me, I'd already be on the road!

Gas seems to be going up as much as his price is going down.

Back