• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in North America is Jim, and what Cub Cadet items has he found there?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting in the Atlanta airport, I feel compelled to scan their CL ads. These Power King front weights sure resemble their IH counterparts.

71F59D1B-4B4F-4F04-986A-C63C72DBCF22.jpeg
They’re a good deal at $150 for the four. Wish we could use those 100# rears, but we don’t use those large rear wheels PK/Economy/Jim Dandy’s do.

And a Scout 800 “with title”. I think the title may be the best part of this one, but most of them are really rough these days.

73AA08E1-BF65-4D2C-A012-C2C5AD64A3A6.jpeg

This must be my month to be in Michigan. This week it’s Grand Rapids, then two other weeks I visit Lansing. I like the people in West Michigan If not the weather. It is supposed to snow 4-11“ by Thursday.
I haven’t seen much interesting on CL here, but I was intrigued at the local Miejer Superstore. They have something we don’t need in St. Louis. Their cart mover has chevron tires. I had never seen that before.

It’s odd that searching cadet at home in St. Louis, and here in Grand Rapids both bring up a Wilton Cadet vise for sale on CL.
STl:

43954A3D-7D3E-4F33-B276-2A39ACDCB9B4.jpeg

GRR:

DF27CFB1-DC64-4C2A-A9BB-29794E2978BE.jpeg
The one in GRR is much cheaper...

I’ve heard of Wilton vises, but never seen one listed with the model name Cadet before, and now I see two. When it rains, it pours- or here it snows.

Not much going on in Lansing, at least that’s different than what was going on in Grand Rapids...

There is a $3500 1450 for sale with mower deck, tiller, and snow
blade:

7EF3B3A6-81C4-40AF-9ADE-327CAF306E24.jpeg

I’m not sure I’ve seen a 1450 go for $3500, but if it sells, is that good for all of us? Or maybe tells us where to advertise ours? Uh oh, I don’t see any hyd lift stalks. Does that mean it’s not a 1450? Hoods can be changed-even faded ones.

The seat does make me feel better about mine.

Dang it! Now I see a snowblower from a 782 ( that means it should have the correct pulley as well as mounts) that I would be taking home if I had driven this week, but the weather guessers scared me into flying instead (and rightly so this week).

Not much going on in Lansing, at least that’s different than what was going on in Grand Rapids...

There is a $3500 1450 for sale with mower deck, tiller, and snow
blade:

View attachment 147385

I’m not sure I’ve seen a 1450 go for $3500, but if it sells, is that good for all of us? Or maybe tells us where to advertise ours? Uh oh, I don’t see any hyd lift stalks. Does that mean it’s not a 1450? Hoods can be changed-even faded ones.

The seat does make me feel better about mine.
that is interesting as, yes, no hydr sticks, but there is also no manual lift lever on the rockshaft.

as for $3500, he can go down, but he cant go up and if he finds someone, good for him. maybe it is the last or 1st one made????

They can be switched? ...easily? I have not heard of this.

No, Cub Cadet switched the handle from the right side to the left. But I'm sure with some tools and a welder, anything is possible.

I have never done it, but I am sure it will be time consuming getting boo boos and such.

Edit mfrade, are you sure about that?

Sure enough. I didn’t know that.

8A0E1D0A-2765-4ADB-9AA6-3626F2B9DE49.jpeg

I moved the lift lever from the right side to the left on one of my 1450's, because I was accustomed to my 782, which has the lift lever on the left side. I believe there are two different styles of linkage, early and late versions. If I recall, mine is the early style. Just had to remove a spirol pin, flip the lever, and reinstall the pin. Here's a pic of the linkage on mine:

1642304476422.jpeg

So the lift handle was moved during the production run, do you know what serial number this change occurred?

Every hydraulic lift wide frame (1x9 and Quietline) I've seen, from the factory, the lift handle was on the right side (starter side) of the tractor, to be used with your right hand. The wide frame 1x9 had the hydro drive direction handle, on the left side of the dash (carb side) of the tractor, to be used with your left hand. The Quietline hydro drive direction handle, is on the right side of the dash (starter side) of the tractor, to be used with your right hand.

I have seen OWNERS, swap the lift handle on the Quietlines to be on the left side of the dash, so the lift can be run with one hand, and the transmission with the other, like the 1x9's were (but the transmission was on the left and the lift on the right.) Remember, on the 1x8/9, the PTO lever was on the left side of the dash... The 82 Series, moved the lift lever to the left side ON the dash, with a smaller handle, near the steering column. The transmission was still on the right side of the dash.

Back