• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in North America is Jim, and what Cub Cadet items has he found there?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of the local landmarks where I was:
An octagonal house, and a pumpkin water tower. Does anyone know where these are? I’d like to know the history on that house. My customer only has sketchy details. FF9814BB-C693-4804-9519-7D919F313375.jpeg
EF479CB0-DB87-4723-AF14-7F5FC80373D9.png
B9F13062-6AED-4D8C-8120-B5F180F8E6CC.jpeg

Circleville, OH, home of a pumpkin show and parade.

This week I got to drive west for a change to Dead-Center, Nebraska where there are more cows on CL than Cub Cadet items, but there is a cool mini 1066 In the nearbys.

I did drive past the Grand Island, NE Case/IH plant, and today I was alert enough to check that it is a plant, not a dealer with some other plant behind it.

I’m at home today. Painting walls. It’s not as good as Digger’s thumb, but this was also avoidable. Thumbs sometimes just have to be painted to get the right coverage on a part. This was the result of an unsteady guy in close quarters on a rocking walkboard, because my 30 year old (2x12) Cub Cadet ramps aren’t flat anymore-if they ever were.
CDDDD046-3D73-4B3D-BBB4-4C34409F3CA8.png
Oops!

Painting led to replacing baseboards, and I have misplaced my square for my benchtop table saw, so I had to build a jig before I could even start.

6F98B2D6-1C4A-403B-ACA2-5734638CC8C2.jpeg

The saw has two tracks for the square, so I decided to make use of both. It gives much more stability on those long baseboards too.

Has anyone on here tried these? I keep seeing them and I can’t help but wonder if they are actually pretty decent, or if dragging them grinds holes in them.

1639407549717.jpeg

I have a friend who takes care of a condo complex as a side job. He made one from a goldfish pond mesh cover. He then ties a "sled" made of the same material to the back hitch on his tractor and places the humongous leaf bag on top of it. The bag drags on the sled so it doesn't get ripped up. I was impressed with his homemade system even though he was dragging it with a green tractor lol. That said, he showed me his dad's tractor that he bought at the estate sale. Turns out to be a 149 with hydraulics, tiller, blade, cultivator, wheel weights etc....He is getting some paint work done while the engine is getting rebuilt.

Interesting, so they can work if done right.

I'm back in The Buckeye State at the home of the F-bomb, the octagon house, and the great pumpkin water tower for a couple of days. 2 more machines to go over here, then I'm off to The Garden State to finish the week.

The locals tell me that originally the town was set up around a house like that...there are a few around the town. The roads went like spokes from a wheel out from the central house, making the town name of Circleville make a great deal of sense.

More time on airport internet (must be true, right?) has taught me that the town was built around an octagonal court house, not a home, so a few of the nearby homes may have been built that way to resemble the court house.

WalMart wanted to tear it down for their local store, but civic-minded folk stepped in, and moved the house to where it is now, eventually putting it on a new foundation there.

Last edited:
That is great that they saved it, so much history has been destroyed in and over ohio (and other states). I loved that area, Not sure about the knowledge you replied with but I will investigate and would not have known if not for you. Thank you for the info. Happy Holidays

Dang airline has my gate next to a flight boarding for Key West. I’d like it there...probably much more than Buffalo Where I’m headed.

IH items will be more plentiful in Buffalo, but I don’t have much room in my toolbox or bags.

Buffalo New York?

You'll be less than an hour from me! I'll confirm its a lot colder here than it probably is in Key West!

Yes JP, Buffalo, NY. Brrr. It’s colder here than yesterday was in MO too.

John, Parrotheads?

Lots of good Cub Cadet stuff on CL here. Running 1650 for $400, IH wheel weights for $125, snow blades, QA42, a loaded, knocking 1450 for $500 that should be rebuildable for “$200 in parts”.

Last edited:
Back