• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in North America is Jim, and what Cub Cadet items has he found there?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoenig

In Remembrance 2023
displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
Hello all,
I travel just about every week servicing printing presses. My territory is North America...US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, etc., and thought it might be fun and possibly informative to report on what I see IH, Cub Cadet, or maybe just interesting in my travels.

I am working in Lakeland, Florida this week for the headquarters of a local supermarket chain where they print their house brand labels-our presses are packaging/label presses.

This week I noticed there’s a Lo Boy154 for $650 in Eustis, FL on CL. It isn’t running, but that could be a steal for somebody.

The first time I was here, on my way to the customer, I came upon a motorcycle accident scene, and the rider’s shoes were in the middle of the intersection. I guess he got knocked out of them. That really stuck with me!

Last edited:
Today I am flying home out of the Tampa, FL airport, so tomorrow I can get in a car and drive with my bride to Clearwater, FL (Less than an hour from the Tampa airport.). The things we do for love-and vacations!

I’ve been considering tagging all of my posts with my location when I post them, like today might have been Lakeland, Fl, Tampa airport, Miami airport, or home here in St. Louis. I have gotten the forum fever so bad that I’m checking up on the new activity on my lunch breaks now.

Some years back forum member Terry Busch was doing something similar by posting from vacation locations. He may have started a thread, I will see if I can find it.

We got started about noon after my first oil change on her car since we didn’t have time to have it done anywhere. There was a bit of drama as it was the only car home with us, and the old oil filter came out much like our beloved hydro filters with female threads on the filter, and male threads on the engine.

The new filter had male threads on it plus a seal...wait that seal looks like what is on the block where the old one just came off. Turned out that the filter comes with a nipple/adapter that threads into both the block and the filter and holds the seal in place.

Whew! Right filter, I can move forward.

We drove as far as a little south of Atlanta, and stayed the night. There were 25 cars on the side of the highway in Atlanta just on our stretch of the interstate if there was one! Some abandoned, some breakdowns and some must have been recent incidents with people hanging about in the dark on the side of the interstate! Don’t they know how people drive in Atlanta!?!?
...actually they must have known as they had just gotten up close and personal with each other’s vehicles, or they would not have been there in the first place.

Oh yeah, it was a great day. I got to drive through my two favorite cities to drive in: Atlanta, and Nashville. Now I remember why I flew last time, but she wanted her car with us.

And just to add insult to injury, would anyone care to guess where I go when I get back to working in two weeks? I’ll give you a hint: it starts with F, and ends with duh.

Last edited:
I see there is a 147 in Athens, GA on CL for $200. ”Not running, comes with rebuild kit.” Electric lift is in place. Can’t tell if it has lights or rear lift, but it‘s a nice start for a good price, and who knows what new engine parts are included! Kohler? Stens? Maybe those NLA items so many of you have been looking for?

Does look to have lights, and at least some of the electric lift is in place. Lift motor may be missing.

Comes with mower deck, and what appear to be rear wheels from a greene tractor.

Man I love 147s! That would be such a fun project...that I don’t need! Focus Jim: you are in search of ground-engaging equipment. Other tractors are just a distraction from the goal of playing in the dirt. For now.

Hmmm. Today my still bleary eyes notice the 147 is in Anderson, S.C., the ad I saw was in the Athens/nearby listings. Still no room for it in the Audi or the stable. I’m still making my very sad face about it.

🤣

Yes, I scroll through marketplace daily and notice some cubs that are really good bargains (I've also seen some outrageous prices on a few)...but I know what it's like. Still have a 1650 and a 124 to finish and sell...then I can get another project. But I'm always keeping my eye out for a steal on a tiller...🤞🤞

John, my Earthcavator search has convinced me that those pricey ones may be worth it if they are easily accessed. I think the earth's rotation has spun all of the available Earthcavators to the coasts. At least that pricey 95 you found was in the middle of the country, even if it was up North.

Kraig, that thread you linked is a neat idea, but would be pointless for us. We're either on Hilton Head Island, Marco Island, or Clearwater Beach. I can't get her to follow me to the left coast where one of my favorite customers is. I go twice a year, but she never comes along. I know there are many crazies over there, but htis customer is from Central Missouri, so we understand each other well.

Also, I visited Mackinac Island as a teen in the late 70's, and liked it a lot, so I guessed right away too.

That 147 sold shortly after I posted about it. If someone on here bought it, please post about it. I’d love to follow it’s progress.

Here I am in Florida for the fourth time in the last five weeks (I spent the other week in Indianapolis). I'm on the Atlantic side this week. Last week was Clearwater Beach vacation with my bride. We had a good time at the beach. It started out a bit cool, but warmed up after the first day. We brought home a bunch of sea shells, but I could not convince her that a carburetor-sized sonic cleaner would be just the thing to clean those shells for her...

Not much IH Cub Cadet stuff on CL here, but that 154 LoBoy is still listed for $650 not running.

This is a short week. Traveled today, work tomorrow, then travel home again Wednesday in time to spend the long weekend at home.

Next week I drive across Illinois, then across Indiana, and into Ohio to the Columbus area. The last time I was there, it was with another tech, and his catalytic converter was stolen! Cut right from his car in the hotel parking lot.

I made it home Wednesday for Thanksgiving after my first flight was canceled. What a madhouse the airports were! I usually take the first flight out, to get a jump on things, and miss much of the volume of people, but with the cancellation, I left at noon, and got home at 5 PM among the many, many amateur travelers, and their equally amateur drivers.

I hope everyone here has a great Thanksgiving, with plenty of food, and safe travels.

I just drove past the high school where I sent my sons. There is a house on the way that I love. The guy's truck sits under a carport that he built a few years back, when I was driving that route more often. He built the carport because his IH Cub Cadet occupied the actual garage (one car).

I just drove past the high school where I sent my sons. There is a house on the way that I love. The guy's truck sits under a carport that he built a few years back, when I was driving that route more often. He built the carport because his IH Cub Cadet occupied the actual garage (one car).
Priorities 🤣

Greeting to all from South of Columbus, OH. I haven't found much Cub Cadet stuff listed here, but there is a 450/451 snowblower for $350 that claims to be hard to find in its ad.

Also, this customer turns out to be the home of the F-bomb...Stay tuned while I change internet devices.

87A7922F-B646-4F38-9FA1-80B6E85B25F4.jpeg
As promised.

Back