• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wheelhorse

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Ok got your attention i have got quite a few old wheelhorse tractors love em but this 149 I'm redoing it s really really built compared to anything else I've seen before ?

I’ve had wheelhouses, bolens, johndeeres, masseys, Sears, and allis charmers/simplicity and I’m here to tell you they all come up short when compared to a cub cadet. I literally have nothing but IH equipment on my small farm and that will never change it’s quality that will never be seen again.

I've heard it mentioned that played a small part in IH's decline (besides the 560 debacle and the corporate leader greed and mismanagement), therefore new sales started to decline due to the longevity of their initial product. :unsure:

If you can find a copy at a reasonable price read "A Corporate Tragedy - The Agony of International Harvester Company" by Barbara Marsh. You might be able to read it online, I found a few sites where you can read it if you register an account with the website. I was "gifted" a paperback copy years ago by forum member Jim Diederichs. Anyway, the author does a good job detailing the downfall of IH. Amazon has a few used hardcover editions that start at $224.99 and one new hardcover for $476.59! 😲

I will definitely try to find it. Maybe it'll be one I can read thru my Prime membership?...:unsure:
Though it would be a good read and something cool to have on hand in a collection, $225 for a used book isn't going to happen on my watch. I'll find it somehow and scan and print every page if I have to...:ROFLMAO:

I was tempted to register at the website that has it available to read online. Might even be able to print it to a PDF file from there.
dunno.gif

Bookfile: A Corporate Tragedy

It appears that you have to actually go to their new site, do a search for "book", set price $0-$100 and it's listed at $40. There's a note on the old site that some browsers will not transfer links.
I put it in my cart and it shows. Haven't gotten to checkout yet as I'm at work and don't really need to be caught on company time buying addictive stuffs for my own personal usage... :ROFLMAO:

I bought 10 yesterday with no problem.

Ten copies!? 😲 Lets see, one for the shop, one for the living room, one for the bathroom, one for the kitchen, one for the dining room, one for the deck, one for... :ROFLMAO:

Back