Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Wheel weights

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Robert - boy that shinny smooth lead sure looks nice. Now, I "generally" agree with Lew that it's very likely you'll probably have to tighten the bolts regularly.

As I mentioned previously I mounted my lead weights (about 50# each) on the inside of some flat style cast iron Simplicity weights. I put the lead weight right against the cast iron and then added a piece of 2" flat stock steel about 6-7" long that crossed over 2 of the 4 bolt holes, and then installed the nuts along with washers and lock washers. (I obviously used the other 2 bolt holes for mounting the weights to the wheel). The flat stock spread the pressure across the lead enough that I didn't need to re-tighten the nuts. I know this because I checked the torque on them after using them a few times because I didn't want the lead falling off. Even after a full winter season the nuts were still tight. Pretty certain you'll need something like this or you'll be doing as Lew says.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Use a big fat washer or have someone make them from S/S then polish them and put a chrome nut cap on 'em!!

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
And Robert - you need to stop rubbing your tires up against sidewalk edges and curbs. I see the cuts in the outside of the treads.

kharvey

displayname
Kendal Harvey
Mower deck gauge wheel bolts will tear up tires like that. Voice of experience. Had a 42 inch deck do it to my long ago 124.

Latest posts