Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Wheel weights

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Whoever wants them bad enough. I paid $75 for my last set a couple of years ago

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
I tried to arrange transportation before I bought a $100 tractor that was wearing a pair of IH wheel weights recently. The tractor sold within minutes. I shoulda bought it, then worked out the details...live and learn, again.

Ken Black

Around the same time as pick up trucks, when everyone decided they wanted them !
no joke there.... seen pickum ups that are 5 to 700 bucks goin for 1800 and up.... 90s pick ups for 10 grand ... iam like WOW ....

wheel weights easy enough... 2 bags of quick create.. take wheel off.. push 2 pipes thru the bag for the bolts to go thru to wheel and line them up...
wwet bag real good... done deal ... lol .. if u want plastic cover.. use trash bags lol ..

cubs4lifeofme

Do the wheel weights give alot more traction ? I have a side hill and since replacing a 50" deck with a 60' deck on my 1882 gives the tractor alot of downhill weight and more spinning .

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
If you're asking about the price of IH cast iron wheel weights going up, then yes from what I've seen they started to go up a couple years ago. Before that you could usually get a pair for around $100 and that was pretty standard for several years. Then I started seeing them for $125 up to $135/pr. and that was mostly parts dealer sources. Then I noticed eBay prices creaping up to $150 to $175, and recently they've sold for $200 plus. I think a big part of the reason is shipping costs have been jumping and eBay raised it's seller fees. (I watch prices of JD cast iron weights as well and they seem to be at least $200 to $250, and they are double the weight of the IH (50# each vs. the IH 25#). Heck, what do you expect, if you want the best buy IH.

jknight

displayname
joe knight
Just fell over a pair of big John Deer weights for 90$ just looked in the right place at the right time even came with chains and nuts and bolts.
But have not been able to find any for the Kubota B series rear weights.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Joe, wow, that's a great price on those JD weights.

mjame

displayname
IH man
I sell the IH stamped for 125.00 a pair.
Ive used that price for years.
most of the ones i sell go to the J Cub collectors and used as front weights.

The steel, non IH stamped, weights sell for 75.00.