• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wheel rims

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallace Fiala

I would like to adapt two 13 inch Honda 4 hole rims with studded snow tires to my 1978 1450. Any one know of a way to adapt the five hole cub rim to a fore hole rim? Thought I had seen a cub with car rims mounted on it a time ago.

You'll probably have to have a custom adapter built. Check with Aaron at Xtreme Motorworks, see the link at the top of the page or click the link I've added below. Aaron makes adapters and spacers for stock sizes but he can probably make what you are looking for.

Xtreme Motorworks

You probably did see car wheels on a Cub. But it was probably a 5 hole pattern, lots of old Chrysler and Ford cars used that same 5 hole bolt pattern as the Cub, (but the lug holes may have been a bit larger.) I am also thinking someone had a list of other make wheels that would fit the Cub bolt pattern. I saw it a few years back, I don't know where.

To use your wheels, you are probably going to have to find an adapter or else drill and tap the axle flanges for the 4 hole pattern, if you don't mind doing that to your axles.

You probably did see car wheels on a Cub. But it was probably a 5 hole pattern, lots of old Chrysler and Ford cars used that same 5 hole bolt pattern as the Cub, (but the lug holes may have been a bit larger.) I am also thinking someone had a list of other make wheels that would fit the Cub bolt pattern. I saw it a few years back, I don't know where.

To use your wheels, you are probably going to have to find an adapter or else drill and tap the axle flanges for the 4 hole pattern, if you don't mind doing that to your axles.
Exactly what I've been contemplating and I have the tools to do it. Actually thinking of a way to keep the axle from turning while drilling and tapping.

You might want to consider just getting a set of used axles and drilling the holes off the tractor so you can lay things out precisely and use a drill press. Otherwise your ride may be a little more wobbly than you would like. They are easy to swap out and pretty cheap used. Plus if it doesn't work out you still have the originals to use.

You might want to consider just getting a set of used axles and drilling the holes off the tractor so you can lay things out precisely and use a drill press. Otherwise your ride may be a little more wobbly than you would like. They are easy to swap out and pretty cheap used. Plus if it doesn't work out you still have the originals to use.
Exactly what I've been contemplating and I have the tools to do it. Actually thinking of a way to keep the axle from turning while drilling and tapping.
Another thought, get the adapter for the five lug Cub axle and alter the four lug pattern on adapter if needed. Just need to get the right size five hole for the Cub.

Back