• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Whats the deal?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRED52

Does anyone know the background on the black side stripe on an approx. 1982-1282 model, This one has INTERNATIONAL like on a real farm tractor but all the pics i have found online of a 1282 say Cub Cadet? Original owner says he bought it new like this!!!

WELCOME! A photo to illustrate what you are referring to would be helpful. Best guess is the dealer added it before it was sold.

1282_1.jpg

Thank you! Yes, i would have if I had one, but thank you for the response and the pic! I am going to look at it later today and will get a pic but yes it appears that you are right that the dealer "spruced" it up with the "INTERNATIONAL" side stripe decal. Have you ever seen one with this badging???

No I have not seen one with the badging you describe. I have heard of dealer applied graphics on stuff before however.

During this period International Harvestor marked the last year production of all models with a black stripe . Therefore in International tractor circles the last year became known as a black stripe model .

During this period International Harvestor marked the last year production of all models with a black stripe . Therefore in International tractor circles the last year became known as a black stripe model .

This doesn't make sense. The 82 series had a black strip from the series introduction in 1979 a full two years before IH sold the Cub Cadet line off to MTD/CCC in 1981. The Black strip had Cub Cadet on it with a smaller International above it. Here's a cropped photo from the cover of the first year 82 series Brochure of a 782 with a black strip decal, you can just make out the International above the Cub Cadet. This would have been in 1979. This decal continued through the production of the red 82 series. There was a difference between the IH built and CCC/MTD built Cub Cadets in that the IH built variants had red front axles, dash pedestals and rear axles and differentials. The CCC/MTD built red Cub Cadets had black painted front axles, dash pedestals and rear axles and differentials (with the exception of a few first units that used up the old IH stock of those parts)

EDIT: The OP is asking about a different decal, my understanding is that it has "International" in place of Cub cadet on it.

82_Series_1_01a.jpg

Back