• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What was it?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Achenbach

Saw this listed on FB as a cub cadet rat rod that has a k321. Just wanted to get some thoughts as to what is was originally? 128? 147?

Attachments

• D15B456A-F54D-4501-A579-1D0A57CF2377.jpeg
    D15B456A-F54D-4501-A579-1D0A57CF2377.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 936ADE7A-B498-466F-9F63-DB39B9DB4B61.jpeg
    936ADE7A-B498-466F-9F63-DB39B9DB4B61.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 127
Too much gone to tell. Unless those steel rods are supporting all that exhaust, the exhaust elbow will break out of the block. I am guessing it will break anyway with the exhaust angled back like that. Puts a lot of stress on the exhaust port.

That was a wideframe / Quietline (maybe). You can see the frame bulge out in front of the dash tower. That looks like a wideframe/QL dash and that nosepiece is from a wideframe, since it has the bridge (vertical bar) in it. Also, that is a wideframe tank... since it is a metal tank.....

But yea... there isn't much cub left there......

That was a wideframe / Quietline (maybe). You can see the frame bulge out in front of the dash tower. That looks like a wideframe/QL dash and that nosepiece is from a wideframe, since it has the bridge (vertical bar) in it. Also, that is a wideframe tank... since it is a metal tank.....

But yea... there isn't much cub left there......
Good eye...if I had to guess, I'd say 128. Figure if they used the same motor...the rest of identifiable items point to that. Someone probably had a complete tractor, some free time and a lot of......
imagination-15206918.png

Well if you can't afford a t-bucket just make one .. the one half of a wheelbarrow for the bucket is quite unique...It looks better than ones sitting in weeds that I know of that guys won't work on or sell...Guys who know still know it's a cub...

Though it's moderately well finished... for what it is; around these parts one would assume it's the product of a *tweaker's* fever dreams behind meth abuse.

I was able to truly save a 1973 Moto Guzzi El Dorado from what was likely to be the same fate at the hands of meth addicts.

Or, could just be a weird and funny guy with a lot of time on his hands. In any case, I have to respect the white walls. Like all these *rat rod* or *steam punk* contraptions these days... I see wasted parts.

Back