• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

What was it?

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Rob Achenbach

Saw this listed on FB as a cub cadet rat rod that has a k321. Just wanted to get some thoughts as to what is was originally? 128? 147?

Attachments

• D15B456A-F54D-4501-A579-1D0A57CF2377.jpeg
    D15B456A-F54D-4501-A579-1D0A57CF2377.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 936ADE7A-B498-466F-9F63-DB39B9DB4B61.jpeg
    936ADE7A-B498-466F-9F63-DB39B9DB4B61.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 115

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Too much gone to tell. Unless those steel rods are supporting all that exhaust, the exhaust elbow will break out of the block. I am guessing it will break anyway with the exhaust angled back like that. Puts a lot of stress on the exhaust port.

snicklas

displayname
Scott Nicklas
That was a wideframe / Quietline (maybe). You can see the frame bulge out in front of the dash tower. That looks like a wideframe/QL dash and that nosepiece is from a wideframe, since it has the bridge (vertical bar) in it. Also, that is a wideframe tank... since it is a metal tank.....

But yea... there isn't much cub left there......

PACub100

That was a wideframe / Quietline (maybe). You can see the frame bulge out in front of the dash tower. That looks like a wideframe/QL dash and that nosepiece is from a wideframe, since it has the bridge (vertical bar) in it. Also, that is a wideframe tank... since it is a metal tank.....

But yea... there isn't much cub left there......
Good eye...if I had to guess, I'd say 128. Figure if they used the same motor...the rest of identifiable items point to that. Someone probably had a complete tractor, some free time and a lot of......
imagination-15206918.png

gary noblit

Well if you can't afford a t-bucket just make one .. the one half of a wheelbarrow for the bucket is quite unique...It looks better than ones sitting in weeds that I know of that guys won't work on or sell...Guys who know still know it's a cub...

Todd Utherland

Though it's moderately well finished... for what it is; around these parts one would assume it's the product of a *tweaker's* fever dreams behind meth abuse.

I was able to truly save a 1973 Moto Guzzi El Dorado from what was likely to be the same fate at the hands of meth addicts.

Or, could just be a weird and funny guy with a lot of time on his hands. In any case, I have to respect the white walls. Like all these *rat rod* or *steam punk* contraptions these days... I see wasted parts.

Latest posts