• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What the ???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Halper

I have two 2182's & 1882 One of the 2182's does not have the ground speed of the other one. The other 2182 seems to be evenly matched with the1882. I also have a 1541,1641,1862 & 1811 . They all seemed very equal except for the one 2182 . Were their different rear end gears available ? It doesn't seem to have more pulling power . Like you would associate with with a steeper set of gears. As in 4:10 vs 5:13 ( just an example). Its ground speed is just slower , forward & reverse. The RPM's seem about the same for both 2182's . It functions just as well as the other one. Just seems odd to me. I'm eager to read some other the reply's from some that know more. Thanks.

Got a factory service manual? (FSM)
I'd check there for troubleshooting.
Hydro may not be adjusted to spec's.
Changed oil and filter lately?

1st thoughts that come to mind here.

Filter is fresh & so is oil. Don't have a factory service manual. Also with top plate off so ya can look at linkage all looks the same as the others.

Check the cam plates on each one and see if it has been updated the the newer 2 hole one.
There is a service bulletin.

Attachments

• Scan of speed control upgrade cyclops.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
Thank you for the service bulletin. Wheels do spin freely when lifted off ground. So brakes are adjusted ,ok.. I will check better as soon as I can swap tractors. I now have 1882 w/snow blower on it &2182 w/plow on it where they have heat for easier starting & repairs ,if needed. That 1 has mower deck on it & in container with doors snow in. Will move around asap. Thanks for your help & experience. I will post what I find.

Back