• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What model is this?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dustin,
Congratulations, I hope it is in decent shape, although the paint scheme is something to behold. I hope they didn't paint over a lot of rust.
Now that it is yours, could you post some decent pics of it?
The fuzzy pic, "odd" paint job, and missing body parts, makes it look weird, compared to the yellow/white and red ones we are used to seeing around here. ;)
Any time someone decides to rescue one of these tractors, no matter how it looks, I say fantastic. Once they are gone, there will be no more.

P.S. From my perspective, those red rims are the worst of any of it. UGHHH! Makes me think of the song "I'm just an old chunk of coal, but i'm gonna be a diamond some day" :errrr:
I’ll be slowly restoring it :). My wife said it looks like a kiddie ride, haha.

Tires look pretty good. Don't look like a quietline grill, so you don't have to worry about any side panels. Good time to sandblast that paint job off.

BEFORE you entertain replacing the PTO clutch assembly, verify that you are getting voltage to the PTO clutch. It might something as simple as a ground, wiring or switch issue, which are far cheaper than a new PTO clutch.

On your 1250, there were two styles of PTO. They are identified based on color-black(Warner) or silver (Ogura). This can get tricky if the PTO clutch has already been replaced, as the aftermarket replacements are usually silver. The original black PTO is IH-61313-C92.

Check with the board sponsors first. Quality aftermarket replacements are over $200.

The silver PTO is NLA but the references indicate to use the Warner style clutch 759-3664. When it was available, the list price was north of $700...

759-3664.jpg

BEFORE you entertain replacing the PTO clutch assembly, verify that you are getting voltage to the PTO clutch. It might something as simple as a ground, wiring or switch issue, which are far cheaper than a new PTO clutch.

On your 1250, there were two styles of PTO. They are identified based on color-black(Warner) or silver (Ogura). This can get tricky if the PTO clutch has already been replaced, as the aftermarket replacements are usually silver. The original black PTO is IH-61313-C92.

Check with the board sponsors first. Quality aftermarket replacements are over $200.

The silver PTO is NLA but the references indicate to use the Warner style clutch 759-3664. When it was available, the list price was north of $700...

759-3664.jpg
Wow! Thanks so much!

Hi all, I learned that there should be a fuse for the pto on the pedestal. Does someone have a pic of what this should look like when installed?

Attachments

• 5100AE75-3E44-497D-99CD-F52E238DA782.jpeg
    5100AE75-3E44-497D-99CD-F52E238DA782.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 0
The fuse holder is there on the left, but the fuse and insert are not there..

There are two fuses originally specified for that model tractor. One is in the 12V output to the PTO clutch, and the other is the ignition power source from the ignition switch to the B terminal of the PTO switch

Last edited:
What's on the back side of it, where the wires go.
It's a glass fuse, that is what goes in there, the fuse is the insert.

Suggest you go to the manuals section, Cub Cadet Specialties Manuals,
and read/download the ones for your machine, they will answer a bunch of questions you will be sure to ask.

Part 5 & 6

An auto parts store should have this

1653832541017.png

• Ref:
    925-3011
    FUSE HOLDER
    This part replaces 725-3011.

• Ref:
    IH-356445-R91
    Knob, Fuse Holder

It has a ql grill and nose on it, so time to find a set of panels, a pto and a grill.

Lew - your message is a little confusing. It doesn't appear to have either the upper or lower grill parts.

The fuse holder is there on the left, but the fuse and insert are not there..

There are two fuses originally specified for that model tractor. One is in the 12V output to the PTO clutch, and the other is the ignition power source from the ignition switch to the B terminal of the PTO switch

Hmmmm - yes there are supposed to be 2 fuse holders on the dash tower. The upper one is half there, which is for the lights. It looks like the cap (push in part) and the fuse are missing, but since you don't have lights it's not an issue at this time.

The lower fuse holder is completely missing. The wiring diagram posted by 1811Cub is not completely correct. You need to look at the actual Service Manual, which was printed with an error and corrected by someone drawing in the correct original wiring for the Quiet Line series. It's on the lower half of page 1-9 posted below. Here's a link to the Service Manual you need which is for the 1x8/9 series and the Quiet Line series, so don't get confused when looking for sections on your tractor. http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/1x8-9 & QL Service Manual.pdf

1653847859996.png

That's definitely a 1x8/1x9 front casing. The quietline front lower casing is the same width as the upper casing and has a groove/notch between them. The 1x8/1x9 lower casing is narrower than the top casing, and has no groove just like the pic of Dustin's tractor.
It appears that there are body parts from both series of tractors.

David,
Around here you can get a QL and a deck for $350, just no motor! :roflol:

Last edited:
Marty - I'm not sure how you can tell that from the pics posted so far. I can't really see the area you're talking about. :worthless:
And, for what it's worth - the 2 parts you're talking about, upper and lower casing, I usually refer to as grill housings, which is also what I believe Lew was referring to when he just mentioned grill.

Dustin - we really need more pics all around and with the hood open. We can help you alot with your Quiet Line restoration. Many of us on here have and/or do owned several and know how these units were originally built. You're starting with a non-original which is a big disadvantage.

And by the way,
Old Cubs Never Die
They just find another resting place.

Hey guys! All she needed was the fuse and fuse holder! She mows perfectly now. Y’all are the best. Leaving soon to buy some cadet yellow and white paint, I promise.

Attachments

• 039837BB-85D2-489F-A65C-C18D07684AAB.jpeg
    039837BB-85D2-489F-A65C-C18D07684AAB.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
  • C153340D-EDEA-4D0A-B99F-E067806535BC.jpeg
    C153340D-EDEA-4D0A-B99F-E067806535BC.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 929EC5AF-8B45-4399-AF1E-C1AA2D5DCF6F.jpeg
    929EC5AF-8B45-4399-AF1E-C1AA2D5DCF6F.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Very happy that it was a relatively simple and cheap fix. Now that you have a good running and functioning machine, time to get it looking more presentable.

Back