• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What is thread size on 782D coolant drain

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mames

displayname
Mark Ames
I have been having problems with my the block heater on my 782D I got this from a Kubota dealer and they sold me the wrong thing I got a threaded insert that pounds into a freeze plug hole. It was too large for the hole so I machined it to fit. The problem is it is a 1000 watt heater and it is at the top of the engine and coolant doesn't circulate and in a while the cord gets too hot, gets soft, shorts out and blows the breaker. What I am planning on trying is at the top of the head where I have the 3/4 NPT threaded hole adapt this down to 5/8 and attach this to the output side on a 700 watt circulating tank heater the cold intake will go to the threaded hole on the drain petcock. What is the thread size of this hole? Are there metric pipe threads? I can't take this off without raising the motor so I would like to know if this will work or maybe I will re-thread it to a NPT size I can work with. The petcock is part no. 1285 554 C1

Just out of curiosity, if they sold you the wrong part, why didn't you take it back and get the right one? You need the 70000-73595 heater, and it goes in the freeze plug on the head that's underneath the radiator fan bracket.

BTW, 1000W seems like it'd be excessive for this engine...I had a 1512 with a radiator hose heater, and it was 650W at the most IIRC.

Latest posts

Back