• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What is an MV

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

till

displayname
Tedd ILL
I found this tractor in my wanderings of the internet and was wondering what the heck is its special application.

To me it has major cool factor written all over it.

M Hi-Clear

I know there's MDV's out there, dunno if there's any MDV-TA's or SuperMDV's or SuperMDV-TA's out there.

Thanks Wyatt,

I was thinking that, but thought "Na, that would be too easy." How the heck would you put a lifting hitch on that??

Wyatt, Tedd, yes there were Super MV and Super MDV versions but I don't see any reference to TA variants in the IH Tractor Data Book.

Now I know what to add to my wish list of tractors for the "Farm" That puts me at around 8 or 9 now.
happy.gif

I should clarify my post. There are M-TA and SuperM-TA but I don't see reference to MV-TA, MDV-TA, SMV-TA or SMDV-TA.

Tedd,

They were used for vegtable and sugar cane type crops. Typical implements would be integrally mounted and designed specifically for the tractor. Cultivators, listers, hillers, various harvesters, etc. Mainly used for cultivation of fall delicate crops.

My Sister gave Me the book "FARMALLS" by Lee Klancher for X-mas. There's a couple pic's of a SUPER HDV-TA in there..... Nice looking tractor! Far as a Super MV-TA or SMDV-TA, I'd have to say they were available, Nothing that made the Hi clearance version that couldn't be put on an M-TA.

<font color="ff0000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="+1">IH never made a diesel H. And never made an H-TA either. Someone has made a HD and an H-TA, but not factory.</font></font></font>

MIKE - I know.... Lee was very clear in His book to point out it was a Home-made tractor made from H, HV, 300, & 350 parts. Diesel engine was from some Toyota or Nissan diesel pickup.
I've got a Stage II Super H in My shop at home Dad bought in the spring of '68. I'd like to find His old Super M-TA also to add to My collection.... Guy Fay wrote an article in RPM 4-6 months ago about the "H-TA" Prototypes. Also had a display from the IHC Archives at the Winter Convention in Madison, WI last winter. Not much I don't know or can't find about the FARMALL Letter Series from '39-'54. The little LVL tractors (A,B,C's) I've never been around any except for Cub Cadets.

Back