• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What have I got

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is going by the steering wheel. The change over to the fancier plastic steering wheel with center cap happened before that serial number based on his own 100. The 70 retained the acorn nut and steel steering wheel throughout its production.

I am not 100% certain without seeing the Engine serial number but I believe the engine is 1976 or 77 based on the Spec number.

He is going by the steering wheel. The change over to the fancier plastic steering wheel with center cap happened before that serial number based on his own 100. The 70 retained the acorn nut and steel steering wheel throughout its production.

Kraig is correct, I'm guessing off the steering wheel and what I would expect to see on that serial number.

Charlie, unfortunately with the early stamped serial number Cub Cadets there's no kind code there to reference. Also, the serial number plates didn't include it until the 73-1x6/7 series. :(
As it states at the top of that page,
1588264734048.png

Throwing general info out there for future use.

Latest posts

Back