• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What happened to "suing for 782" ???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the world of the retired Kendell!! Now you have for time for cubs!! That is until the other half gets her list completed...

Lyle - we set the date two years ago... Guess how long <u> her</u> list is...... I just got a 3'x4' whiteboard, I'll get a foot square corner if I'm lucky.

Kendell - ROAD TRIP !!
Shift.gif

Send me yer Bennie Weenie can number.

Not knowing the outcome of the case and not having the old thread to review I would take a guess as to the out come not being shared has to do with the outcome of the case.
My guess is simply this, the case was lost/won due to the fact to much info was exchanged on the fourm, and possably any and all the previous post on this subject that are now no longer advailable for the public to review where order removed by a judge's order.
Now I am just a smiple country boy who happens to work in the big city and I don't have a clue as to what the real out come is/was but I can come to my own conclusion as to the outcome by the few posts here advailable to read on this subject.

I just hope that the persons involved in this rembers that the outcome might have gone a different way if none of this would have been discussed here befor the case went to court.

Lonny, you may have a point but I think this was handled by a small claims court judge, not by a jury. A jury could have been influenced by the postings, but what are the odds that a judge reads the Cub Forum ??

Head lines in The Cincinnati Enquier paper this morning charges filed against local ebayers for fraudulent activity. Selling items and not delivering the items. Look similar to me ??

Boy, I sure wish Frank's original post was still around - I can't say what happened with it.

As I understood his statement of facts in his first post, Frank WAS NOT OUT ANY MONEY in this whole deal.

(A) If you pay me money and I fail to send you your purchase, then I am a fraud.

(B) If I either don't take your money or refund every penny and refuse to complete the sale, then I wouldn't see myself as a fraud.

People here are confusing stories of (B) with Frank's situation (A).

I met Frank some time ago at the Garden Ridge in O'Fallon, IL while Julie did some shopping. Surely an upstanding man in his community, involved in local politics and whatnot, but from the stories he told I assumed he'd sue ya if ya looked at him funny
lol.gif

Finally, what Charlie and I do with posts and threads is our business, not that of the courts. 'nuff said.

Well guys, since I made the comment about stickin' around for the end of a "discussion", . I'll make a couple of observations...

1: He obviously has very strong opinions and convictions and does not hesitate to post them. In being caught up in this issue, he posted many, many facts and opinions regarding both his purchase and the venue used for it. While enlightening in many regards, it turned into an active court case and as such, probably was pushing the limits of acceptable content for the forum, with the possibility of involving the forum in the case........

From a communication I have received, I have learned that he felt:
2: He was supplying "free consulting" which he stated he was stopping due to the forum members questions and comments that were made in the thread.
3: He felt he was "wasting his time helping others by pursuing the purchase" ...

I'm not sure if I saw the very last post before the thread was put away for safekeeping, but I do know that it was stated quite clearly by him that he was done posting because of discussion that he evidently felt put him in a negative light. I interpreted it all as healthy discussion, but......

Well we can all guess to the conclusion of the case, except for thoses who know, and no matter how or what we feel the outcome of the case should have been, we are not the ones who have the finial say.
My hopes are that every thing went ok for Frank and law was upheld.

Lonny -

1) Pay the court a couple bucks and have them fax you the information. Then you too can be "in the know." Cripes, it's not a sealed case! It's called a PUBLIC RECORD for a reason.

2) Here again, I'm wondering exactly what law was broken. Seller had a change of heart and Frank still has his money. It's worth clogging the courts with that when there's so many other things that should be heard?

Lord knows this kinda thing goes on all over the place, but because big, bad eBay is involved, let's SUE.

Bryan.

I am notand do not want to get into a pissing match with anyone over this, I was simply exspressing my opinions and thoughts about this case.
If Frank wanted all of us to know the outcome I would have guessed he would have told us or given someone the right to do so.

I am truley sorry if my opinons and comments have offended anyone here.

Lonny -

My point isn't to belittle your opinion. My point is that WE ALL have the right to the outcome of the case (we live in the USA, remember?). Frank may not post it, but it's PUBLICLY available to anyone that really gives a crap to see it, so Frank really has no say so in the matter, unless he's gonna sue the courts next.

I know someone who already has a copy of it.

Hey Roland -

Are you beating that deceased equine?
lol.gif

Yes, I predict this will soon go the way of the other thread...

Lets end the suspense, right here and right now and move on.
And just in case you don't know what the pic below means, It means that it was a mute point with viable end to either party, so it was POOFED, so to speak.
63256.jpg

Latest posts

Back