• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What color of white paint for a 1282

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twthompson

displayname
Tim Thompson
I have started to paint my 1282 and I am questioning the white paint color. Can someone please tell me what color white I should use? I have IH2150 for the red. Based upon what I have read I believe that is correct. I am also interested in comments regarding the correct red paint. Thank you.

Thanks Jeremiah, now some more questions.

This says that I need 935 white. My tractor is a red a white tractor like a 782. Do you think this is correct? Or is 935 white for a yellow and white tractor? Are they all the same? Is 935 white more of a true white or a cream?

Tim: I would go by the serial number of your tractor, regardless of whether it is yellow and white or red and white. I have a 782 SN 714899, so I'm planning to use the 935 white (or automotive paint mixed to match). The significance of the SN is that whatever came down the line got the next number in the series regardless of model number or paint configuration. So, for instance, during the time my red & white 782 was shipping to the International Harvester dealers, yellow & white 782's were shipping to the Cub Cadet dealers: but they used the same white paint. The practice of assigning serial numbers purely chronologically without reference to the model also accounts for why there are so many overlapping serial number references in the model lookup tables, there was no effort to allocate serial numbers per model. The factory made whatever needed to ship. The paint table tells you when the factory switched paint colors for all their tractors, regardless of whether it was red or yellow.

Now you're in a fix if you can't determine what your serial number is. I'm still trying to decipher the one on my 149, but I know that it was late in the model run.

Back