• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What are these wheel weights from?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
Several years ago I picked up a 149 parts tractor that had a snow thrower, weights and chains. I cleaned up the weights and have used them for several seasons now. I've never seen this style before and am curious what they would have been on originally. They are heavy going 60 lbs apiece.

Attachments

• 20200405_140439.jpg
    20200405_140439.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 285
  • 20200405_140459.jpg
    20200405_140459.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 233
Several years ago I picked up a 149 parts tractor that had a snow thrower, weights and chains. I cleaned up the weights and have used them for several seasons now. I've never seen this style before and am curious what they would have been on originally. They are heavy going 60 lbs apiece.
Guess I stumped the stars with these.

Yep. I've never seen a set like those before.

With the small 3 bolt pattern I have to think they stared off life as front wheel weights on something with a one bolt hub, and then someone made the plates to adapt them for 12 inch 4 bolt mounting on the rear wheels. Or maybe something like a walk behind tiller or snow blower.

Last edited:
Me thinks that's from a Gutbrod 1032 also sold under the name MotorStandard in the UK. They are wonderful little gems, got a super gearbox with a two speed PTO which is independent of the forward motion gearbox, if two sun and planet reduction gearboxes are also in your box of bits..... lets chat
1586350963330.png

This pic off the web, but plenty of images available
I need one of the weights as the "box of bits" I built mine out of was missing one, but alas the shipping cost to Cape Town, South Africa would kill that idea. Three bolt fixture is a dead giveaway Long specific bolts needed

PS: I have two CC's one an original 100 bought brand new in ~1963 by my dad when I was 8-ish and the other found as a garden ornament and needed some (considerable) TLC as they say, and both those are in consistent use year-round. part of a 9 tractor collection starting with a '46 little grey Fergie.

regards
Grampa Gordon

Gordon, interesting, that could be it!

Also, if you could, please start a thread and post some photos of your tractors and attachments. I find it fascinating to see Cub Cadets (and other tractors) that have found their way around the world.

Back