• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What’s this frame for?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hill

I bought a cub cadet 147 to restore. It came with a snowblower and a frame. I don’t think it’s any part of the snowblower.
i think it is a frame to lift a mower deck.
any thoughts.

thanks

Attachments

• 6AC7CB79-600D-4708-AC67-F24A3C99B6C1.jpeg
    6AC7CB79-600D-4708-AC67-F24A3C99B6C1.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 92
  • B8519BE7-04D1-4895-A925-3FCAD04EFBE6.jpeg
    B8519BE7-04D1-4895-A925-3FCAD04EFBE6.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 89
Just to clarify - in my view you have a mule drive and a sub-frame to hang a mower deck.
The mule drive component is the dual pulley (sheave) assembly and associated parts for the belt to ride on and turn/change directions. Yours looks to have one pulley the wrong size, and I believe you are missing a tensioning spring.
The sub-frame component is pretty obvious and includes the hanger fork required to raise/lower the deck.

Back