• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

We've got a pretty great group here....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
At the present, I'm skirting the edges of being banned from a forum I just joined for not kissing the feet of a member with several thousand posts, who chose to respond to my first post (a question about non standard use of a piece of equipment) not with an answer to that question but to tell me his choice of equipment brand was better than what I was considering.. I responded that that wasn't the question, which obviously prompted a couple of other members to predict a short participation on that forum for me. In the end, another member pointed to a source of information that answered what I was looking for, I thanked him and am leaving it at that.

My point is, we don't do that here - well not unless they're waaaaaay past reasonable. It was a reminder to me how great a good forum is... Thanks to all that participate in helping the newer members out and especially to Charlie for still putting up with all of us!
greenthumb.gif

Gerry - I second your sentiments about this forum. I don't post much because I have very limited knowledge, but I generally check in every day, and learn something new all the time. And when I've had questions, no matter how basic, I've never been treated like you were on that other forum. Glad at least one of the members there saw fit to answer your question.

And, I also agree with your thanks to Charlie - I'm retiring next month and plan to finally start working on some of the tractors I have stored in various places around here. I'm sure I'll be scouring the forum regularly, and probably asking questions that might challenge the theory of no stupid questions! Thanks for keeping the lights on, Charlie.

Yes, this IS the best site by far.

I have visited other sites, and received little to no response when I did post.

This site is formatted way better than any other site I have visited.
This is the only site I do any posting on.

And as for Charlie, he has gone far and above to help me several times.
Not to mention he has the parts we need to fix our cubs, and sends them lightning fast!

He even occasionally sneaks in some goodies in the order. You won't find that kind of service any where else!

And don't forget Kraig, with all those fascinating and informative pictures!

You guys are the best!
greenthumb.gif

Well, I've been now told I'm a fool that can't do a basic search and a jerk that won't get help from them again.. I'm kinda hoping they call me a troll next (except that would be taking their bait...)
1a_scratchhead.gif

Gerry, I have seen similar things on other forums. I don’t understand why people can’t be more helpful. And if you can’t help at least be friendly. Great bunch here for sure.

There was a time... the "correct police" nearly ruined this place. But there was always a small group who "resisted" and didn't worry about scratched paint or a couple dings. But both had a place here and while the cops wanted it their way the others would jump in and "we" (as a group) always had an answer or the help that was needed. A lot of guys have come and gone and luckily for us Charlie & Kraig ( don't forget Uncle Bob & Bryan) have been here to capture the knowledge in the FAQ's. The information there was offered by many who took the time to better everyone's machine and experience. And I find that I've been rambling on and on.. I only frequent a few sites. And this has been one I see daily and while I don't have many answers I try to help where I can, it's always been a site that tells it true.

I bet those other forums don't have a "Geezers Garage" either or even an OTF like we have here.

And I agree that Charlie has put up with all sorts of rhetoric but somehow keeps turning the page.

Great group of guys here!

Gerry - great post. I don't post here much, but a week doesn't go by that I don't recommend this forum to someone on another forum for information, or recommend CCS to someone for parts.
Have to laugh about some of the ridiculous discussions about factory original tail light lenses and such nonsense that have gone on here.
We all miss Bryan, and even Bob, but Charlie has done a great job of supporting this forum and the brand this forum is all about. And Kraig has posted pictures from his secret lair in just seconds for everyone's benefit.

Son as an enthusiastic 20 year old kept irritating the forum moderators and club President of a specialty collector performance vehicle website he owned as a daily driver 10-20 years ago. I don't think Any of that clubs officials that were so quick to ban Son so many times even own their vehicles anymore and no longer have anything to do with the club or website. Too bad, Son now lives about 15-18 miles from them and could stop over and discuss the situation face to face now. Just shows that some forum moderators are not as fair in handing out "Time-Out's" as Charlie.

Couple guys who used to post here years and years ago got bumped off by Bryan, and complained on other forums how lousy this forum was, quickly jumped on the other newly formed forums. Yep, we were first, and we are still here. They are gone. There's a reason for that.

Wayne, I've been on the 'Correct Police" side of things in the past. Mainly because in the early days of this forum most everyone was trying to restore or refurbish their Cub and wanted things correct. There wasn't a lot of info available. Thanks to a bunch of generous people that shared their brochure and manual collections with me, I was able to scan and easily share digital copies of it. Later as the forum grew the interest changed to more about just keeping them running. The early interest also seemed centered around the Original and searching for low serial number Originals and the elusive prototypes. Everyone seemed to want an Original with lights, a creeper, fenders and rear lift.

I agree with how good this forum is.

I pop in several times every day, even if it's to see that nothing has happened.... Even with being around these machines my entire life, I've still pick up numerous pieces of information. Even the fact we were missing a piece for our Brinly Plow for 40 years....

I'm a admin on a couple of diesel truck forums. We try to keep it like this here. If things get out of hand, they get a warning, and if that doesn't work, they get a vacation. I've not been on, but have heard of forums like that. I'll stick with the 3 I go to.

Scott - we laugh about the face in the phone addiction, checking social media or whatever every few minutes, but for me, I've been hitting this forum like some OCD compulsion for most of the last 20 years..
dizzy.gif

Gerry,
Don't feel bad, I think I know which forum you're talking about. I got kicked off of that Cub Cadet site too and the owner of the site didn't have the balls to tell me I was kicked off. He just said something must be wrong on my end. Then I heard it from a very reliable source that I was indeed kicked off.
This site and people are by far the best forum site I've been on. It's like family here.
thumbsup.gif
beerchug.gif

Shultzie - nope, not a Cub site.. One of my other interests - woodworking.

Gerry, sooooo, you didn't make the cut to be a member there?
dunno.gif

Uhh, still a member, might be a "read only" forum, or I might be on a lot of "ignore" lists. I'll not be pining away..
err.gif

Gerry, I saw what you did there.
happy.gif
OAKie, dokie. You're just going against the grain. Knot that there's anything wrong with that.

Kraig, Gerry, Mike - I hate to admit it, by I actually chuckled at those bad puns. As my bride would say, that's two minutes I'll never get back.

err.gif

(Yeah, I'm a slow reader!)

Back