• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Welding seat

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

cub1961

i’m getting ready to mig weld the original seat on a 100. typical crack about 3 inches long. the pan has sprung about 1/8” from one side of the crack to the other. should i compress the pan back to original and weld or leave it sprung and fill it? very new to welding and this is my first repair after much practice and i figure i’m ready. lol. using .030 wire.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Drill a small hole at each end of the crack. Put it back to original shape and weld say 1/4 inch. Then start an inch away from that and another 1/4 inch and skip again. Do that until you get to the other end. Then go back and do that again from the first weld. Do it until you finish up. Helps to keep it from warping the metal.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
What danderson said. Let it cool about 30 seconds between welds. Basically, wait for the cherry red to disappear before hitting it again.

dware

displayname
David Ware
Drill a small hole at each end of the crack. Put it back to original shape and weld say 1/4 inch. Then start an inch away from that and another 1/4 inch and skip again. Do that until you get to the other end. Then go back and do that again from the first weld. Do it until you finish up. Helps to keep it from warping the metal.
After drilling the holes at the ends get it strait and put a small tack weld in the middle , then one on each side half way to the end. If you don't the metal will start to move and you will lose your fil .

Latest posts