• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Weak or no spark 1962 Model 70 original 47420

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Davidson

Hi all just started to inspect my new project and somebody tried to get it running. New plug, points and fresh oil but I think they gave up because theirs no spark. I need to test the mag and condenser.
Thanks for any help

Here's the schematic for an original with electric start:

217193-jpg.125620

Can you ohm test the Magneto? Are all the ground connections shiny and tight? You can also check the resistance on the wiring and spark plug. I’ve gotten some defective new parts, new=never ever worked; so check them too. Good luck

A bad (open) condenser will cause a weak spark.
If your meter has a capacitor test function ones I've checked are about 0.22ufd to 0.47ufd.
I've had bad new ones.

Back