• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wasp nest???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kostendorf

displayname
Keith Ostendorf
What kind of nest is this? I've never seen one like this and its on my house!!!

287462.jpg

287463.jpg

287464.jpg

287465.jpg

287466.jpg

287467.jpg

Keith...Looks like a paper hornet's nest to me,but i've never seen one shaped like that! That's just my thought.

Shoot some either in there and a quick match and it's ALL over.

Keith...Well at least you know what you're dealing with. Conservation is correct, they are aggressive!
Be careful handling them.

I call them mean little sons of guns

Nice snake skin any idea what kind it came off of?

No I don't know what kind of snake it was, but we have a lot of king snakes, black snakes and copperheads here. I don't think copperheads climb trees at least not that high, but the other two use trees a lot.

My experience agrees with Doug's comment. Hornets (as opposed to wasps) are very smart --they know right where to sting you where you can't swat back-- like right between your shoulder blades.
And yes, I was attempting to spray them at the time. (The building's owner left me a can of spray to use while I was painting his house-- I was outsmarted that day both him and the hornets!)
smile.gif

Spray the nest at night when it's cooler and they are resting inside the nest. BTDT I hate Bald Face hornets. I just sprayed a new nest that they were building above my garage door. They only got it to slightly larger than golf ball size before I spotted it and put a stop to their building plans. I'm OK with paper wasp they are docile, Bald Face hornets are VERY aggressive and protective of their nests so they have to go when they are anywhere near my home.

Those bald face ba$turds are back!!!

This is about 4 feet from where they set up shop last time.

296658.jpg

Thanks for reminding me Wayne, I gotta check to see if they reappeared on my house.

yep thanks for the reminder wayne, sprayed a few nest a little bit ago

Latest posts

Back