• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tractor Wanted Wanted to buy - decent condition narrow frame

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 125 for 30 years and always wanted a matching 124! I talked to Terry about his tractor; however, our schedules did not seem to match. Thanks for the heads up!
I have a 126 w/mower deck and the dozer blade runs and cuts. I am in Florida for the Winter. Will not be home till the middle of April to get the tractor out of storage. If you are still looking in April I may have what you need.

I have a 126 w/mower deck and the dozer blade runs and cuts. I am in Florida for the Winter. Will not be home till the middle of April to get the tractor out of storage. If you are still looking in April I may have what you need.
Hi Bert - Sounds nice: spring semester will be over then. Is the tractor in decent shape? Do you have a price in mind? Thanks! Glen

Is it this nice?

Attachments

• 156 in cornfield.JPG
    156 in cornfield.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I've had no responses to my request for available narrow frames. Surely somebody needs a little cash to pay off Christmas bills! The tractor could have a bad engine (I have a good K181 sitting around). A deck would be nice, but I am basically looking for a manual gearbox tractor to pull trailers on slopes steep enough to kill modern JD hydrostatic transmissions. Thanks!
I'm in Western Maryland -- if your interested in a cheap project tractor, there is 104 not far up in Greencastle PA for $75 on FB. He has a K241 for $100. I've bought from Jeremy he's a good dude. Could help broker the deal if your interested and know someone in Charleston WV to help get it down your way. But I see that your not far from Ohio -- and there are several narrow frames there on Craigslist. Ohio not as good a source as Cubsylvania, but you may just want to keep looking up there.

104.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bret - I like the 104 and I've rebuilt a couple of K241s with amazing results. I saw a 72 in Columbus that is rough but would be fine for hauling a trailer and would also be a good use for my K181. I'll plan to follow up on this one and if it doesn't work out I will touch base with you again. Thank you so much for the tip! Glen
I'm in Western Maryland -- if your interested in a cheap project tractor, there is 104 not far up in Greencastle PA for $75 on FB. He has a K241 for $100. I've bought from Jeremy he's a good dude. Could help broker the deal if your interested and know someone in Charleston WV to help get it down your way. But I see that your not far from Ohio -- and there are several narrow frames there on Craigslist. Ohio not as good a source as Cubsylvania, but you may just want to keep looking up there.

View attachment 152544

HOW ABOUT A 125 PROJECT FOR $300.00? IN SOUTHEAST GA. PROJECT STARTED NOT FINISHED, MANY NEW PARTS, 48" DECK, KOHLER K301 ALSO INCLUDED, TAKE ALL! MARK

HOW ABOUT A 125 PROJECT FOR $300.00? IN SOUTHEAST GA. PROJECT STARTED NOT FINISHED, MANY NEW PARTS, 48" DECK, KOHLER K301 ALSO INCLUDED, TAKE ALL! MARK
Mark, that's a very fair price. I had a 125 for 25 years and loved it. The hydro was absolutely rock solid. However, the 125 took almost twice as much fuel to mow a two acre lot as my upgraded 105 (a model 73 upgraded to a rebuilt K241).

Is the K301 in good shape? Does it burn any oil? Has it ever been rebuilt? Are the tires good? What about the hood? What sort of new parts do you have. Thanks!

I WILL TAKE PHOTOS THIS WEEKEND, THE ENGINE HAS NEW OIL PAN / HEAD GASKET, INTERNAL INSPECTION SHOWED NO VERTICAL LINES WITH SMOOTH CYLINDER BORE CRANK BEARINGS TIGHT WITH NO SLOP LATERALLY OR LONGITUDINALLY, NEW CARB, FUEL BOWL, STEERING IMPROVER KIT, TIRES RIMS ALL VERY GOOD, HOOD IS SOLID FENDERS AND ALL BODY PARTS THE SAME. THE SEAT IS NOT OEM BUT HAS A NICE SET OF ARM RESTS VERY COMFY TO SIT AND RIDE, I STARTED TO STRIP DOWN THE TRACTOR FOR RESTORE SO PARTS NEED TO BE REASSEMBLED OR PAINTED FIRST AS YOU SEE FIT. GOOD DRIVE SHAFT NEW DRIVE SHAFT PIN - NEEDS THE ENGINE HUB FOR DRIVESHAFT REPAIRED OR REPLACED NORMAL WEAR CONDITION FOR THESE TRACTORS! NEW BELTS ALL LEVERS AND PTO PARTS ARE THERE. BASICALLY, THE COMPLETE TRACTOR IS THERE AND IN GREAT SHAPE NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK INTO SERVICE, An EASY PROJECT. THE DECK IS COMPLETE AND NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP AND RE MOUNTED. I BOUGHT IT FOR $300 AND SPENT AN ADDITIONAL $700.00 ON PARTS ECT. REASON FOR LETTING IT GO? I HAVE LITTLE TIME AND I ALSO BOUGHT A CCC1872 THAT IS MY MAIN FOCUS FOR MY TRACTOR NEEDS. SO, I MUST SACRAFICE AND LET IT GO TO A NEW HOME SO IT WILL NOT END UP IN THE FORGOTTEN HEEP OF PROJECTS THAT I HAVE. NO HELP WITH THE FUEL ECONOMY! SORRY. ALSO 5 GALS OF HYDRO FLUID IF YOU WANT AN ALT. BRAND OF GEAR LUBE. ALL PARTS BOUGHT FROM I SAVE TRACTORS, AND THE SPONSORS ON THIS SITE. QUALITY PARTS!

It's been on the show circuit since I restored it back in 2014
Had a creeper and hydraulic lift plus IH 3 point, and a snow blade.
Will be at RPRU in '24, at Spencer, Iowa.

Hi Bert - Sounds nice: spring semester will be over then. Is the tractor in decent shape? Do you have a price in mind? Thanks! Glen
I was mowing with it. I was intending to do some checks on the engine so I would know its condition. Minor restoration has been planned for 2023. I never checked what the value would be. I recently sold 2 Wheel Horse tractors but have not worked on the Cub yet.

Back