• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tractor Wanted WANTED red 582 non Special

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
I am looking for a cosmetically clean and complete red 582(not Special) within a 3hr drive each direction from ZIP 16933. Prefer it to run to make it easier to transport, but that is not totally necessary. Prefer IH built with cast iron 3 speed manual transaxle, but will consider all. Looking for machines under $800.

Also looking for solid running Kohler Command V-Twin horizontal shaft 18-up HP CH18-22 with Cub spec crank to fit the correct PTO. Preferably under $600.

Putting my feelers out there now. Will be in a position to consummate the deal around the 25th of this month.

Thank you in advance.

I know where there is a yellow/white 582. Not what you listed, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thank you. Really would like a red 582 to compliment my 682, 782, 782D, and the 1282. The yellow and white 582 is an obscure model.

There are a couple of Kohler Twins on FB right now.

marketplace/item/864676358099373 (Ohio) - CH18S, 300hrs

marketplace/item/1353601828809424 (Maryland, just below PA line) - Has several, and an amazing collection of used cubs. Could spend hours there, where I got my 2182.

Last edited:
I have made more thn one all day round trip after a tractor I wanted. The longer one waits the harder they are to find. Get while the getting is good and there.

Not to hijack the discussion....but what is special about a 582 Special?
They were a bridge between the 482, and the regular 582. They retailed for $500 less than a regular 582, which used the IH cast iron 3 speed HD Transaxle. The Specials used the weaker Peerless belt driven transaxle exactly like the 482, but with the underwhelming 16HP Briggs flat twin, that also powered the regular 582. They were good mowers, but were just a step above the lawn tractors.

Found!

582front.jpg

Back