• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tractor Wanted WANTED- Quiet Line Cub Cadet-1250-1450-1650 with 44A-50A Mower Deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swturner

displayname
Steve Turner
Retired International Harvester employee really looking for a restored Quiet Line Cub Cadet if available. Will consider a restoring project provided Cadet is restorable with most parts and in running condition. I am in North Carolina on the coast, but distance is not an issue for a Cadet in pristine condition needing a forever home. Many thanks for anyone that can help! Steve

Well Steve - you came to the right place but maybe at the wrong time. Finding a restored Hydrostatic Quiet Line tractor is usually pretty easy, but finding one "for sale" gets harder. Most restored units (or refurbished as many people think they should be called) are a prized possession to the owner, and usually require a change life changing event before the owner wants to let it go.

Another possibility would be to contact a member that has restored several units and see if he might be willing to restore one for you. The one person I'm thinking of that I believe has a few Quiet Line tractors (amongst his herd of IHCC's) is David Schwandt. I know he does especially good work and leaves no stones unturned on his restoration/refurb units. You could search his name on here and send him a PM.
Good luck with your hunt.
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Well Steve - you came to the right place but maybe at the wrong time. Finding a restored Hydrostatic Quiet Line tractor is usually pretty easy, but finding one "for sale" gets harder. Most restored units (or refurbished as many people think they should be called) are a prized possession to the owner, and usually require a change life changing event before the owner wants to let it go.

Another possibility would be to contact a member that has restored several units and see if he might be willing to restore one for you. The one person I'm thinking of that I believe has a few Quiet Line tractors (amongst his herd of IHCC's) is David Schwandt. I know he does especially good work and leaves no stones unturned on his restoration/refurb units. You could search his name on here and send him a PM.
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
Thank you very much! Greatly appreciated....

Hello Steve,
I live in Michigan for six months and in Raleigh the rest of the time (commute in a full sized Silverado into the bed of which a Cub Cadet will conveniently fit) so please stay tuned. If, by this October you haven't found your Quiet Line maybe we can help each other out.
I recently posted my "dilemma" which is that I acquired two Quiet Line tractors that were only about a mile from me here in the U.P. of Michigan and I couldn't pass up because they were most likely destined for the scrap pile. One of them (the 1450) is really in pretty rough shape and I only brought it home today. Don't know if it runs, etc. and view it as a parts unit. The other one is a 1650 that I was able to get running within about an hour of tinkering (cranks and runs really well). It has cosmetic issues that it looks like will mostly be resolved with swaps from the1450 (except for the seat, tires and battery, etc.) but appears to be mechanically sound and original. Neither tractor has attachments but do have mower mule hardware. Neither has rear hydro.
I can't keep them because I simply don't have room and am committed to my other Cub Cadets (149 and 169).
Also share the view that these machines are made to be used and not parked.
Between now and when I migrate I think it'll be possible to resolve most of the1650's missing/modified parts with donations from the 1450 tractor. Of course, there'll be left over 1450 pieces that will need and deserve a home. I've finally resolved my Rust-Oleum paint ignorance and any painting that I do will be done with the Right Stuff.
I'm getting too wordy but the gist of this is whether or not you would be interested in the spruced up 1650?

Hi Henry, and after carefully reviewing your posting the answer is YES. As you will well understand, I am not looking for junk or a junk project and it doesn't sound like that's what your dealing with. I totally understand robbing from Peter to pay Paul LOL projects, so whatever you need to do, or that I can help with, please know my ultimate goal is to restore a solid but probably tired cadet back into pristine condition. So please use genuine good or new parts where available, and whatever that cost is Henry, I will be more than generous to cover whatever needs to be used or done to get it back to new. You stated NO MOWER DECK, so if we can make this work between now and whenever in the future we gotta find a 50 A Deck preferably. I can call or we can email as well, but YES I am interested. Many thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,
Sounds like this may work out to be a win-win and an opportunity to bring the 1650 back to the working world! And this morning, after having spent an hour or two washing and degreasing the 1450 "parts" machine, without too much work and a borrowed battery it cranked, started right up and runs great. Neither one of these machines appear to have seen a hard life but rather, years of neglect. Should be possible to come out with a nice Cub Cadet 1650 which will be the one that'll get fixed up. Will send some photos as soon as I can get a bit more organized (starting tomorrow will have a house full of family here for a week). As of now it looks like the 1450 will also be a good candidate for someone to bring back to life too. Yes, we'll want to visit by phone and email.

Thank you Henry, keep me in the loop and I'll try hard to make this work. I appreciate all your help!

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Harry, I may have stumbled into a gentleman that can help with my Quiet Line Cadet, but in this scenario he doesn't have a mower deck. In an ideal world I would prefer to have the 50A Deck, but you don't always get what you want LOL. Any ideas on how or where I could find a 50A Mower Deck that is in good condition? I will have to find out if the subframe exists with the Cadet, but subframes you can usually find. Thanks for your advice and any suggestions. Steve

Hello again Steve - glad to hear you may have found a Quiet Line. As for suggestions to find a deck, well, once you're pretty certain about having the tractor I'd post another thread on here for the deck and sub-frame. Fortunately the deck (44A/50A) and sub-frame for it were used on the later wide frame (1x8/9 series) and the Quiet Line series so you should have a bigger population to draw from.

One thing that may be going for you is that many of the members like having several tractors and dedicating them to specific uses. In doing so they may have a spare mowing deck they don't use. Now, is that mowing deck gonna be in good condition? That probably depends on your meaning of good condition. It gets kinda costly to refurb a deck with pulleys and/or spindles, but if you're open to paying for that stuff (if the deck needs it) you may find a member willing to do it.

Maybe some of the other members will chime in with suggestions as well.

Hello again Steve - glad to hear you may have found a Quiet Line. As for suggestions to find a deck, well, once you're pretty certain about having the tractor I'd post another thread on here for the deck and sub-frame. Fortunately the deck (44A/50A) and sub-frame for it were used on the later wide frame (1x8/9 series) and the Quiet Line series so you should have a bigger population to draw from.

One thing that may be going for you is that many of the members like having several tractors and dedicating them to specific uses. In doing so they may have a spare mowing deck they don't use. Now, is that mowing deck gonna be in good condition? That probably depends on your meaning of good condition. It gets kinda costly to refurb a deck with pulleys and/or spindles, but if you're open to paying for that stuff (if the deck needs it) you may find a member willing to do it.

Maybe some of the other members will chime in with suggestions as well.

Thanks Harry, another thought was as follows. In some of the pictures on this site as well as others, I have seen what looked like "newer" Yellow Painted Decks under 109-129-149 and a few Quiet Line tractors. If push comes to shove, I am curious if MTD manufactured and offered new mower decks for the older series of cadets. This if at all true would have been years ago when MTD purchased the Cadet line from Harvester. I was just curious where these newer yellow decks came from. If I have no luck finding an original good deck, I would not be opposed to a Yellow deck that actually fits and just repaint it IH WHITE. It was just a thought. Any ideas or information on this? Thank you, Steve

Steve - yes, there are some newer decks (early CCC era) that can be made to fit and work. I don't think they were yellow tho. I have seen some old CCC cross-reference literature showing later model decks that will fit. Hopefully other members will chime in and identify what could be used.

Glad to see the mower topic being addressed. It's too big to fit between the wheel houses on the pickup bed and would almost certainly damage either the tractor, the truck or the mower or all three if stood on edge and rumbling around while going down the road.

Steve - yes, there are some newer decks (early CCC era) that can be made to fit and work. I don't think they were yellow tho. I have seen some old CCC cross-reference literature showing later model decks that will fit. Hopefully other members will chime in and identify what could be used.

Thanks again Harry, I think I better start another post specifically on that topic if expecting to hear from others. It surely would be good to get your hands on any older CCC cross reference literature. The sad part I am guessing, is probably those newer alternate decks are out of production and equally scarce as well. Never know until you ask. I will keep sniffing around.

Steve - yes another thread just for mowing decks adaptable to the Quiet Line would be a great idea. I don't know if you saw my other recent post but a new member in upstate NY has a 106 (narrow frame) with a 44A deck. I don't recall ever seeing that before, and really believed it was not possible. I'm hoping he posts more pics of his sub-frame and mule drive.

Because of his post and your inquiry I went ahead and dug thru my old literature. You might find info on the following charts I'm attaching, helpful as you look for things. Seems some of the CCC decks could be adapted.

1987 Cover
1987 Adapter Guide Cover.jpg

1987 Chart
Attaching 1987 decks to older Cub Cadets.jpg

1994 Cover
1994 Adapting Guide Cover.jpg

1994 Chart
Attaching 1994 decks to older Cub Cadets.jpg

Steve - yes another thread just for mowing decks adaptable to the Quiet Line would be a great idea. I don't know if you saw my other recent post but a new member in upstate NY has a 106 (narrow frame) with a 44A deck. I don't recall ever seeing that before, and really believed it was not possible. I'm hoping he posts more pics of his sub-frame and mule drive.

Because of his post and your inquiry I went ahead and dug thru my old literature. You might find info on the following charts I'm attaching, helpful as you look for things. Seems some of the CCC decks could be adapted.

1987 Cover
View attachment 145153

1987 Chart
View attachment 145154

1994 Cover
View attachment 145155

1994 Chart
View attachment 145156
Harry,I just replaced the pulley that failed on my hanger and as I suspected, the angle is not correct and will fail again. So I am still looking for parts or a way to correct that issue.

Harry,I just replaced the pulley that failed on my hanger and as I suspected, the angle is not correct and will fail again. So I am still looking for parts or a way to correct that issue.

Paul - we need to go back to the thread where you posted about your deck issue. Hopefully Kraig can help out again.

Steve by chance are you from Laurel Delaware?
Hi Rick, YES.......it's been a very long time since I've spoken with you or anyone from the original IH crew. Time sure has passed by and I am sure some of those special folks are no longer with us, but I do hope you and Donna are doing well. As you can see by me being here lol, I was hopeful I could find a decent Quiet Line Cadet to either buy or restore. I am in North Carolina and close to finishing a new home.

Back