• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tractor Wanted Wanted Cub 2072 and Yes I wreak of desperation

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Gammell

displayname
CC78
I'm looking for an excellent Cub 2072. I will pay top dollar, for a nice 2072 with front hydros, power steering, and a working snowplow and mower deck as a package. If you have a nice working example and have been on the fence regarding selling it because you think you want too much money I may be your guy. Currently have a nice cub 1450 with a QA-36 snow blower and it just won't do the trick in the snowy Minnesota winters. I want to be able to throw all my snow onto the neighbor's driveway and do it in style. Willing to travel within the midwest to pick it up but I am open to anyone that would be willing to work with me on shipping from coast to coast. If you have read this far you are either entertained or annoyed but I have been looking for over a year and I clicked on every ad on the internet to no avail and at this point, I am half convinced that they don't really exist except in 8-year-old youtube videos. Additionally, my wife is upset that I have hijacked her Facebook account to scour Marketplace so now she gets more ads for lawnmowers than for online games! Your help could save my marriage. So any leads, insights, or simply just have one for sale, please let me know.

I'm looking for an excellent Cub 2072. I will pay top dollar, for a nice 2072 with front hydros, power steering, and a working snowplow and mower deck as a package. If you have a nice working example and have been on the fence regarding selling it because you think you want too much money I may be your guy. Currently have a nice cub 1450 with a QA-36 snow blower and it just won't do the trick in the snowy Minnesota winters. I want to be able to throw all my snow onto the neighbor's driveway and do it in style. Willing to travel within the midwest to pick it up but I am open to anyone that would be willing to work with me on shipping from coast to coast. If you have read this far you are either entertained or annoyed but I have been looking for over a year and I clicked on every ad on the internet to no avail and at this point, I am half convinced that they don't really exist except in 8-year-old youtube videos. Additionally, my wife is upset that I have hijacked her Facebook account to scour Marketplace so now she gets more ads for lawnmowers than for online games! Your help could save my marriage. So any leads, insights, or simply just have one for sale, please let me know.
That's odd, since my 1450 with a QA36A does pretty well for Minnesota snows.
1673196667615.png

A long driveway and a few feet of wet snow was too much for my QA36 one winter. Seems like there are always a couple of 2072s for sale around here within a 100 miles of me. For you, maybe the tractor hauling guys are having a winter sale. How much are you willing to spend?

That is the problem. Single stage and a worn-out 14-horse doesn't cut it in the super wet snow we have been getting here in central Minnesota. I want to be able to square away my situation via, a haban plow, or blower, and need some extra hp's to do it. Digger super sweet pic! If my 1450 could do that I wouldn't look for anything bigger! Plus I am really looking forward to a super cub. Grew up around big farm equipment and have a stable full of IH vehicles! I am willing to spend anywhere between 2000-4000 maybe even more with the right attachments to get what I want. Buy right cry once! So any help or leads would be very appreciated. I know that owners of these machines are very proud of them and I would be very proud to own a nice example of one someday as well!

Digger, do you have the speed up pulley on yours? (As if I didn't know.)

My neighbor was throwing snow way out there with a single stage, very impressive. My 451 wasn't putting it out there that far.

Well, if you widen your search;

982|984|986|1912|1914|1572|1772|1872|2072|1882| 2082|2086|2084|2284

I have owned 3 1872's and currently a 2284. I'd love to own a diesel or Kubota gas.
The snowblower option is awesome for those blizzard winters, you never run out of room to move snow. The hydro blade is also a great option, simpler to install and maintain. My avatar is an 1872 killing it!

I'm not sure when the power steering option started, 1572?

Good luck,
Curt

1862s and 1864s which are non supers also have power steering.

Been wanting a super myself but not enough to make it a priority. Been a couple over the last year or two I wish I had at least looked at now. But it's a want and not a need. Probably should get 1 or 2 ready to sell. Then I might get more serious about a super.

I have a 2072 that I had powder coated red with 982 decal that I just love for pushing snow. It's almost fun when it does snow. But alas i am in Gulf Shores Alabama till March might consider if price is right.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    813.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    844.5 KB · Views: 0
I have a 2072 that I had powder coated red with 982 decal that I just love for pushing snow. It's almost fun when it does snow. But alas i am in Gulf Shores Alabama till March might consider if price is right.
Nice! I wondered why someone would rebadge a 2072, then I saw the pictures...

Last edited:
That is a good-looking unit and is what I'm looking for. Are you heading back to the midwest this March?

Back