• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Waiting to start work for the day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
saw these two from the highway and had to zoom in.
These guys are waiting to turn some soil

295920.jpg

295921.jpg

295922.jpg

Jeff, I hope you don't mind if I piggy-back on your post, but I stopped to snap some pictures the other day with much the same thought --IH tractors working a field. In this case, the work had already been done the day before; I stopped because there were three IH tractors in a single field. In the first picture they seemed to be especially vigilant --I only learned today why they were so focused across the road (wait for it) . . .

295931.jpg

In case you missed the third one in the background:

295932.jpg

Seen from the other side:

295933.jpg

295934.jpg

Last one to the party:
295935.jpg

And the reason they were all staged in the field looking across the road was that today (two days later than the IH farmer), the JD tractors showed up to work the field opposite (I think it took four of them).
smile.gif

I couldn't snap pictures of the off-topic tractors (1) because I was running very late to work, and (2) I don't think pictures of green tractors belong on this forum.
happy.gif

Edit: I don't know the model numbers, but judging from the front grille treatment of the middle one especially (the tank obscures the view), I figure they were manufactured contemporary to my Model 149, about mid-seventies. They may not be well kept, but they certainly seem well worked.

Talk about rough!!!!!! Those poor machines have had a hard life.....talk about rode hard and put away wet!!!!!

All 86 series, early models from ~ '77 to '79

Wow, I've seen "SOUTHERN BELLES" in better shape than those tractors, windows & doors missing from the cab, the one is a ROPS only so no doors/windows, almost bald tires,faded paint. Doesn't seem possible that there's been enough years since I saw those tractors leave the FARMALL Plant shiny brand new that they could be in that rough of shape!

In all the years Dad farmed, and all the tractors he had, there was only TWO that he didn't repaint. The JD R diesel, but he had plans to repaint it, he bought the decals for it, that also included JD B decals that I did repaint the week before I started college. And the '48 FARMALL M he bought to go permanently under the mounted picker. The tractor was under the picker about three hours after it was delivered. And I took the picker off and put the tractor back together over Thanksgiving break the week before it sold at auction. Every other tractor he had repainted, one, the '51 M four times!

Latest posts

Back