• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Volunteer work at the cemetery this week

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Grave maintenance and restoration.
After returning from the Portage show last week where it won a runner-up for best of show,
I put the DanCo rig to work as well as the 1650/tiller and the 1450 to tow the dump cart and pull the roller.
882 w/hyd angle blade is standing by just in case.
We are bringing in good topsoil to dress the grave tops after removing the sandy subsoil to get a decent grass cover.

Attachments

• cemetery.jpg
    cemetery.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 2
Establishing grass helps gravestones maintain their stability by preventing soil erosion. The grass next to the gravestone makes trimming a little more tedious but it's beneficial in the longer term.

The guy we had mowing for quite a few years prior to all this work used a weed whacker to trim around stones and got into the habit of beating the grass right down into the dirt to the point it started erosion right up under the water table around the stones and only weeks would grow then if anything.

Grave maintenance and restoration.
After returning from the Portage show last week where it won a runner-up for best of show,
I put the DanCo rig to work as well as the 1650/tiller and the 1450 to tow the dump cart and pull the roller.
882 w/hyd angle blade is standing by just in case.
We are bringing in good topsoil to dress the grave tops after removing the sandy subsoil to get a decent grass cover.
Dang it - just runner-up! Who/what was the winner. You've sure got a nice machine there that goes back many years and looks like it operates extremely nice.

Sure is a back saver on this job.
No idea who was best of show proper.
Found out later there were 9 runners up, don't know what # the 149 was either so it kind of took some of the wind outta my sails so to speak after hearing that.
This was completely unexpected though as I had no clue anyone was judging anything at this show and this is the 3rd time/year I have displayed equipment there to boot!.

Sure is a back saver on this job.
No idea who was best of show proper.
Found out later there were 9 runners up, don't know what # the 149 was either so it kind of took some of the wind outta my sails so to speak after hearing that.
This was completely unexpected though as I had no clue anyone was judging anything at this show and this is the 3rd time/year I have displayed equipment there to boot!.
Reminds me:

Cub Cadet,
One Tough Tractor

and

Cub Cadet,
Buy the Best
Junk the Rest

Happy birthday tomorrow David! :groupwave: :groupwave:
At 78 (tomorrow), and doing all that, you are in pretty good shape! I am 58, and will be tickled if I can do like that when i'm 78. ;)

Happy birthday David!

Pretty much shot the whole of this week.
Enough already!
Gonna take a break, my 78 year old, as of tomorrow, body is starting to protest a bit!!
Hey David - Happy Birthday to ya, but I kinda don't believe your post. Based on everything thing I've seen from you over the last several years I really doubt you'll "take a break". More likely you'll be hard at it with the ole tool box :beer:

Thanks all for the well wishes!!
Sprayed some yesterday although the vines are so tangled now I hate to wade through them.
I'm about 3 weeks too late now and j=have started to see Jap beetles on hem now as well
Sprayed what we could reach though.

Jap beetles are starting to fade away here. Don't have to replace the trap bags quite as often.

Back