• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

vintage IH cub cadet videos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfcampbell

displayname
Robert Campbell
is there any vintage videos that IH put out on the wide frame cub cadets in the 70s like factory assembly lines assembling painting them? I seen one IH video but it was in the 60s assembling the model 70 and 100 cubs only the narrow frame cubs not the WF cubs There has to be some vintage IH videos out there

is there any vintage videos that IH put out on the wide frame cub cadets in the 70s like factory assembly lines assembling painting them? I seen one IH video but it was in the 60s assembling the model 70 and 100 cubs only the narrow frame cubs not the WF cubs There has to be some vintage IH videos out there
these are commercials but im looking for videos at a IH cub cadet plant that made and assembled the WF not the NF cubs in various stages in assembly lines

Robert,

All IH Cub Cadets (NF and WF models) were produced at IH's Louisville, KY plant until IH sold Cub Cadet to MTD in 1981. Farmington Implement Co. has several DVD's that contain IH commercials of Cub Cadets in action but I don't recall any of them showing production inside the Louisville factory. There are a bunch of b/w photographs on here on the forum showing production of Originals in various stages of production at Louisville. It would be cool if there are some old films showing production of Cub Cadets inside the factory.

Robert,

All IH Cub Cadets (NF and WF models) were produced at IH's Louisville, KY plant until IH sold Cub Cadet to MTD in 1981. Farmington Implement Co. has several DVD's that contain IH commercials of Cub Cadets in action but I don't recall any of them showing production inside the Louisville factory. There are a bunch of b/w photographs on here on the forum showing production of Originals in various stages of production at Louisville. It would be cool if there are some old films showing production of Cub Cadets inside the factory.
yeah, u would think a huge company like IH could afford to have made videos to help promote a product like how IH cub cadets were made

these are commercials but im looking for videos at a IH cub cadet plant that made and assembled the WF not the NF cubs in various stages in assembly lines

Yeah I know, but that was all I could find for videos.

Robert
International Cub Cadet "Original" History on You Tube, produced by farmall51. runs about an eight minute video of black and white pictures taken at the plant in Louisville,Ky. I found it to be very interesting.
Ken

Robert
International Cub Cadet "Original" History on You Tube, produced by farmall51. runs about an eight minute video of black and white pictures taken at the plant in Louisville,Ky. I found it to be very interesting.
Ken

At about the one minute mark in that video the first prototype pictured is actually a photo of a reproduction of the prototype that was built by Tim Delooza. I have a bunch of photos and info on Tim’s reproduction. Most of the photos in the video can be found on the Wisconsin Historical Society website and most have been posted here in the past.

Robert
Ken
were these the NF cubs in a BW video? If so, I seen this video before There must have been a shortage of movie cameras back in the 70s And the PR staff were asleep not to shoot videos of this

I didn't link to these previously because the original request from Robert was for wide frame videos.

Here's the one that Kenneth was referring to:

Here's another one:

I didn't link to these previously because the original request from Robert was for wide frame videos.

Here's the one that Kenneth was referring to:

Here's another one:

yes, this is the video I said I had seen already NF BW video

there is a cub cadet dealer in Indiana his name is marlen he remembered long time ago he had to install the wheels/tires on new cub cadets when a new shipment arrived I am curious how did cub cadet install the front tires on their wheels without scraping off the paint with whatever tools they used to mount the tires on the wheels when they were new?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the steering wheel and the front and rear wheels were installed at the dealer, the acorn nut and the lug nuts were left unpainted. The natural finish, probably cadmium, wouldn’t have shown too much tool damage. I polish and clear coat the lug bolts on my nicer tractors and paint the front wheel bolts. Just my preference. On the Originals and 70’s, I polish and clear coat the acorn nut.

6685B1AE-E906-4E1F-B89C-6B65C64B1A3A.jpeg

Since the steering wheel and the front and rear wheels were installed at the dealer, the acorn nut and the lug nuts were left unpainted. The natural finish, probably cadmium, wouldn’t have shown too much tool damage. I polish and clear coat the lug bolts on my nicer tractors and paint the front wheel bolts. Just my preference. On the Originals and 70’s, I polish and clear coat the acorn nut.
u misunderstood me I am asking how did the factory mount the front tires on the wheels using some type of tools and not scrape off the paint off the edges in doing this? no matter how careful one tries to be in trying to not scrape the paint off the wheels mounting the front tires on the wheels, paint gets scraped off chipped by either the tire or tools used When restoring cubs I prime the whole wheel after sand blasting then I paint only the inside including the bead Then I mount the tire on the wheel, trying to not scrape the paint best I can Then I sand out any chipped primer/paint Then I mask off the tire paint both outsides of the wheel allow the paint to dry then I inflate the tire I am curious how they did the procedure at the IH cub cadet plant

Thats my wife's uncle at the end of the 1977 commercial. Owned a dealership in Barberton, Ohio years ago. Still have and use the 147 we bought from him

Just curious, where was the dealership at? I've worked in Barberton for 34 years now.
L&L was the IH Truck dealer if I recall. I've dealt with Robin on truck repairs for work in years past.

South of Johnson Corners (Wooster Road & Cleveland Massilon Road intersection) on Cleveland Massilon Road. It was maybe at the south edge of Barberton back in the mid 70's

Ok, thanks. I rarely run south on C/M road so don't know that stretch of road like others. My work is on Wooster Rd at 8th St.

Back