• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

USPS SUCKS!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And all of them are better than Amazon in our area. And they tore up my driveway a year ago, we called them about the damage, and they wouldnt even consider looking at the damage without a video. Last package from them, canceled all services from them. All they had to do was look at it.

Hydro vs gear drive. Think it’s mainly a matter of choice. At least with the IH Cub Cadets. Probably across the wide range of possible implements, a hydro tractor is probably the best choice.

They even loose my pay check from my business sometimes.
Now if I send important letters I go use ups letter envelope. I hate the Mail service.

Hydro for lawn mowing - easy to change direction. Gear drive for everything else. IMHO

I have one manual in my fleet- a 1989 1050. the rest are hydro. The manual can be a pain in tighter areas, and its definitely different. It doesn't bother me to use it, but I'd rather use my 1811/1711/782/782D to mow..

We have had really good carriers for the most part. We had one short term carrier that would put packages on top the mailbox if they wouldn't fit. We had some clothing left on the box that ended up in the street. On another occasion a package was left on the porch with the mail and a couple pieces of mail slipped between the boards making for a difficult recovery.

Our current carrier does a great job. It's got to be frustrating working for a company so terribly managed!

Lets hope the political divisiveness ends soon. The country has been swirling down the hole over the last 20 years or so. But it's really bad over the last 6 years.
The only political divisiveness I am interested in is the "gear drive vs. hydro" debate!! And I am definitely a stubborn, one sided, completely polarized gear drive supporter, and nobody can tell me otherwise!!! 😁

FedEx Ground just did something similar with a package of mine.

I bought some parts for my truck from Rock Auto. It was a total of 3 boxes, but came from 2 warehouses.

The one “set” that came from the warehouse in Huron, Oh (Up by Cleveland), left the same day at the same time. The ETA for both packages was this past Thursday. One showed up on Thursday. Looking at the tracking for it (after it was here) it made it way through Ohio and into their center in the Cincinnati area and to me in a couple of days as it said. The other one, went a couple of the same places in Ohio (working toward Columbus like the other one(, then it showed up in GEORGIA!!!!!!, was there a couple of days, then to the Cinci area and to Indy, where it sat for a couple of days, and was delivered yesterday (Sunday).

The 3rd package that came from Syracuse, NY and was supposed to be here this coming Thursday, got here Saturday….. LOL

Neil - You sound like me, I was in Purchasing for 30 years, have been responsible for tens of thousands of shipments. The absolute best carrier, "When it ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY has to be there TOMARROW" is Fed-X. And once they burned me at work. DELIVERED my parts to a machine shop down the street a block, the name on the delivery receipt wasn't anyone I'd heard of. The delivery driver picked it up and delivered it to us an hour later.
I had a supplier in California ship an electric motor to me on Friday, I told him ONLY ship Fed-X. The IDIOT tried to save a couple Dollars, shipped it via L.E.Profit International Air Cargo Express. Took me about an hour to find out that California to Wisconsin was a 2 day at best delivery for them. I spent most of Saturday on the phone finding out they somehow got it to Chicago O'Hara. I actually talked to someone who had seen and touched my package, I told him to stay right there, I'd drive the 3 hours and pick it up. He said I couldn't do that. I REALLY hate being told no. The airline Stewardesses had gone out on strike, nobody would cross their picket lines. FINALLY a air freight delivery service called me Sunday night about 7 PM, I ran the 6-7 miles to the airport, found their warehouse, the guy wheeled the little box onto the dock, I THREW the box into my truck. Monday morning I carried it into the entryway of the plant, called our floor supervisor to have somebody pick it up, I had recieving receive it. Then I called the supplier in California and politely asked him to call me back. He knew I was mad as heck Friday night. They guys around my desk would gather round and watch as I ripped suppliers a new butt hole, I had most of our department that day. I EVEN got a call from the CEO of the air freight company. I assured him that He could go back to sleep, that I would NEVER bother him again. About NOON the owner of the company that shipped the company finally called. He asked "Have you cooled off yet?" I laid into him again, that when I specify an expedited carrier you do NOT deviate from My instructions. My instructions are based off 15 years of keeping huge manufacturing plants running, I ended up with 30 years total when I retired.
Last place I worked, an assembly supervisor panicked, said he was out of parts. The supplier was in Kentucky, had parts in stock, if I'd known YESTERDAY, would have been no problem. According to the supervisor we couldn't wait for a piston powered airplane, had to be a JET, twin engine. So in about 3 hours the parts were in the plant. MY son was working in the plant for a couple weeks. He comes up to my cubicle at quitting time and says, " when you walk out tonight your going to be SO MAD" MY old Boss that hired me was now Plant Manager. The next day I paid him a visit, closed his office door, sat down, and explained ALL the flaming hoops one of his Supervisor's made me jump through and I trip over the danged part he absolutely positively had to have ASAP, as I walk out of the plant at 5 PM. I just wanted Him to address the issue with his supervisor, and reminded him, if the situation repeated itself I would fly more parts again. But they might be on a slower cheaper plane.
I had heavy gear motors shipped via truck from Chicago that the truck driver had my home phone number in case something happened, flat tire, breakdown, the driver could let ME know. That was actually a fun situation. I tried to reach out to ANYBODY at the Reliance/Dodge Manufacturing plant after hours, the Materials Manager called ME the next morning at 6;30 as I walked in the plant, she promised me a gearbox and to NEVER run me out again. We talked 4-5 more times after that day, if a machine in her plant broke down She'd check if she had Parts for Denny. I got a couple job offers but didn't want to move to South Carolina, now I might say yes.

My carrier can not get the box closed tight. Wet mail, some blows away. So I caught her at the mail box one day and asked if she could close the box tight. I explained the wet mail, snow on the mail and stuff blows away. The reply was "Do you know how many hundreds of mail boxes I have to open and close every day? I can't get them all closed." I told the carrier "I am a carpenter, do you know how many thousand nails I need to drive everyday? They all need to be driven in all the way." Mail truck just drove away. Service is not any better.

We all know a formal complaint to the Postmaster would do no good. They will get their raises no matter the level or lack of performance. Like in any profession, there are some great, and some lackluster people. It just seems USPS is on the lower end of the scale.

I can relate to that. An easy push will close my mailbox, but the mailman just tosses the mail in and drives off.
Probably complains because he has to open the mailbox door. 🥴 That's just being lazy and sorry in my book. Takes how much time? Half a second?

And another thing. Better not anyone mail a gift card to someone. I would bet it will probably not make it! BTDT

It is terrible and I bet it doesn’t get any better. Ordered parts May 2nd and received 2 of the 3 boxes on Monday May 10 both of them very damaged but the contents were ok. The 3rd package from one of the same places was shipped at the same time is still not here. Crazy.

My carrier can not get the box closed tight. Wet mail, some blows away. So I caught her at the mail box one day and asked if she could close the box tight. I explained the wet mail, snow on the mail and stuff blows away. The reply was "Do you know how many hundreds of mail boxes I have to open and close every day? I can't get them all closed." I told the carrier "I am a carpenter, do you know how many thousand nails I need to drive everyday? They all need to be driven in all the way." Mail truck just drove away. Service is not any better.

Put a spring on the door so it closes on its own or mount the box upside down. :errrr:

Spring load the mailbox. Then Carrier will complain she can't open it easily

My order of Stirling soap that I was excited to receive today got delayed - spent 2 days in Tennessee. Now I'm not going to shower happy tonight.
wtf emoji.jpg

Back