• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Using a SGT frame for shorter frame components

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joligschlaeger

displayname
Joe Oligschlaeger
I have SGT frame/parts and want to put a 3 speed gear drive setup. Longer WB for easier on/off, not as agile (age, and knee replacements) as I was back when I acquired all this CC stuff and I will not go with anything else as long as I can get parts.

Q 1. The main contributor is a 1282, 1200 gear drive, manual lift. going with a gear drive,,, noticed gear case is not mounted at an angle, as is the engine and the SGT frame is at an angle,,
Q2,,,is there a SGT where the gear case is not at angle?

I have welders, lathes, hot wrench that tells me every thing will work, just would like to know before starting as I hate doing things twice or even more to get everything going.

Other miscellaneous items , I think I have everything for now.

A SGT frame is just 6'' longer in the middle with minor changes front and back is the same

Since you have welding / cutting equipment, Maybe cut your frame and add some length? Of course you'd need to add longer driveshaft and brake rod(s) - wires etc.

Back