• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Unknown Cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, that is indeed what my controls look like (I have absolutely no labels on them, so I had really no clue what was what, until Dad helped me at least figure out the basics of the controls.)

So I need Model 80 manuals. Good to know before I bought all the wrong manuals.

Josh - There's no such thing as the wrong Cub manual. It actually means that you've taken your first step in buying another Cub.

I always download the user manual for something before I buy it if there's one available.

One Cub (or Cadet) at a time. Actually, Dad has a Cub Cadet hydrostatic (that I can't recall the model number for right off the bat) out at the house. It was working when we parked it, but someone has stolen the starter/solenoid off of it. I THINK that's all that's gone, so once I'm out to the house, we'll see about getting it restored. Looks like I'm going to have to put up a garage out there (we've had that property for 25 years, but haven't lived on it for the last few years, since Mom and Dad left for Arizona to minister).

Once we're moved back out there, I'll probably fully restore both my Cadet 80 (now that I know what it is) and Dad's Cub Cadet.

Ask and ye shall receive! (Would have done it sooner, but couldn't remember where I left my flip cam, and my wife is out with her good camera today.)

226615.jpg

226616.jpg

226617.jpg

226618.jpg

The old carburetor is white while the replacement is black; that's the only major change we've made so far.

Also, you can barely see it below the steering wheel and I forgot to take a picture of it, but there's a little rocker switch that functions as a kill switch when you press down on it. This seems to be an after-market mod.

Back