• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Two quick ones; Last year/model of *Narrow Frame*?....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1969 to 1971
Model 73,106,107,126,127 and 147. ;)
Thank you for that.
So, are the Original to Pre-73 outside of what it considered a "Narrow Frame"?

If that is the case, what is the broad reference for them? For any of you cave-men still out there... No, not what women call them!😈

Those are narrow frames also, except the Original, cave women do not have narrow frames, more like Bertha butt .

Basically in the IH Built Models

Original

70,100,71,102,122,123,72,104,105,124,125,73,106,107,126,127,147 - Narrow Frames. But the 7hp, and the 100 have a low tunnel, and I think all the rest are high tunnel..

86,108,109,128,129,149,169, 800,1000,1100,1200,1250,1450,1650 - Wide Frames. There are slight differences between the 1x8/9 and Quietline frames, but they are basically the same....

482,582,582 Special,682,782 - "Spread" frame - Similar frame to the wide frames, except in the front where the engine goes, the channels are lower, and wider so the boxer twin engines could fit....

982 - 1st Super.... frame is ~6 inches longer in the tunnel area..... but the same as the other 82 series except frame.

One other little tidbit....

In yellow and white cubs (not that 82 series)...

If the model number was an EVEN number, it was a gear drive.

It the model number was an ODD number, it was a hydro

But there were exceptions...

The 71 and 73 were gear drive.......
In the Quietlines... the XX00 were gear drive, and the 1X50 were hydro..
IH never made a low horsepower hydro... they were 10 horse minimum... and they didn't make a high horsepower gear drive... 12 horse max

The only gear drive I know of that broke that rule was a CCC model that had a 16 horse briggs in it.... don't remember the model number, but it was an "82 series" looking CCC....

Some very interesting information above from all.

So, where does my Original stand in the DNA?

Were they essentially a one-shot tractor? I'm looking at parts interchangeability as I get into tearing her down in the near future. She purrs... well, grumbles and spits like a kitten but been a bit hard-done-by at the hands of P.O.'s.

Time to get'er ready for the next half century and the next 4 owners.

Yes, it is pretty much one of a kind. Most parts will not interchange with other models without modifications.

Don't be sad, be happy you have an O! If you want a direct bolt on, just find another O. ;)
All the other narrow frames will mostly interchange their parts, but will not be altogether "correct."

Don't be sad, be happy you have an O! If you want a direct bolt on, just find another O. ;)
All the other narrow frames will mostly interchange their parts, but will not be altogether "correct."
Mostly, my issue is in a tiller and some form of 3-point for spotting trailers more easily.... read; lazily.

Latest posts

Back