• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Two more goodies from the road trip

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Armbruster

IHCC Supporter
displayname
DontknowJack
Another big weekend trip. Went and traded my way into a turn key 149 in the Lake Cumberland area in KY. Well,before we left for KY an ad on FB changed from $ 35.00 to Free. Then all kinds of great things started to happen. The gentleman on FB was willing to hold it for me so we packed a took off for KY. Trouble free trip into KY where gas was $ 1.76. Whuuuttt? Filled the tank took off again. Found a 24 hour Hardee's. Not a big deal to some folks but a real big deal for folks who want dinner at 6 AM. Then scored The Little Woman a pound of her favorite beef jerky. Fifty bucks for a one pound package. Made it the sellers place. WOW talk about the backwoods!!! We actually crossed a bridge made from stone slabs with about eight inches of water moving at a pretty good pace. When we got there it started right up drove it on the trailer and the seller started giving me things because I showed up. Extra set of rear wheels and tires and two hydraulic cylinders and another good person willing to help if needed. On the way out that same stone bridge now has ten to twelve inches of FAST water. Glad the trailer was loaded. Really glad the trail was loaded. Ok now on the way home. Bought gas again at $ 1.76 per gallon. Gas is $ 2.03 at home. Trouble free ride home. On the ride home the Jeep got it's permanent nickname. Smokey. We found a Rax on the way home, The Little Woman's favorite sandwich. Again we don't have one here in the big city. Started to reach out to the guy on FB but he beat me to the punch and sent my his address and contact info while we were driving. So we beat feet to his place and I now am the proud owner of a 100% original one owner 526 International Cub Cadet rear tine roto tiller!!!! I know that is not a tractor but it is 100% IH Cub Cadet item. Pictures coming when the sun comes up. 650 miles and awake 24 plus hours. Long day. When I took the trailer back to Uhaul they gave me $ 20.00 bucks more than what was due. I questioned it and they said I gave them $ 60.00. I said no, they said it's on your receipt. I didn't argue with them. I didn't feel up to the discussion. Stopped to grab some groceries and we had some kind of credit on our store card and spent nothing. Not a dime. WOW! Time to go home and try to get back on my sleep pattern before something goes south. Pictures coming when the sun comes up. Now for the technical questions. How do I release my hydro so I can push the 149 by hand? Yes it is a running and driving tractor but I don't want to start it in the garage to move it two feet. I am up awake and working when others are sleeping.

Another big weekend trip. Went and traded my way into a turn key 149 in the Lake Cumberland area in KY. Well,before we left for KY an ad on FB changed from $ 35.00 to Free. Then all kinds of great things started to happen. The gentleman on FB was willing to hold it for me so we packed a took off for KY. Trouble free trip into KY where gas was $ 1.76. Whuuuttt? Filled the tank took off again. Found a 24 hour Hardee's. Not a big deal to some folks but a real big deal for folks who want dinner at 6 AM. Then scored The Little Woman a pound of her favorite beef jerky. Fifty bucks for a one pound package. Made it the sellers place. WOW talk about the backwoods!!! We actually crossed a bridge made from stone slabs with about eight inches of water moving at a pretty good pace. When we got there it started right up drove it on the trailer and the seller started giving me things because I showed up. Extra set of rear wheels and tires and two hydraulic cylinders and another good person willing to help if needed. On the way out that same stone bridge now has ten to twelve inches of FAST water. Glad the trailer was loaded. Really glad the trail was loaded. Ok now on the way home. Bought gas again at $ 1.76 per gallon. Gas is $ 2.03 at home. Trouble free ride home. On the ride home the Jeep got it's permanent nickname. Smokey. We found a Rax on the way home, The Little Woman's favorite sandwich. Again we don't have one here in the big city. Started to reach out to the guy on FB but he beat me to the punch and sent my his address and contact info while we were driving. So we beat feet to his place and I now am the proud owner of a 100% original one owner 526 International Cub Cadet rear tine roto tiller!!!! I know that is not a tractor but it is 100% IH Cub Cadet item. Pictures coming when the sun comes up. 650 miles and awake 24 plus hours. Long day. When I took the trailer back to Uhaul they gave me $ 20.00 bucks more than what was due. I questioned it and they said I gave them $ 60.00. I said no, they said it's on your receipt. I didn't argue with them. I didn't feel up to the discussion. Stopped to grab some groceries and we had some kind of credit on our store card and spent nothing. Not a dime. WOW! Time to go home and try to get back on my sleep pattern before something goes south. Pictures coming when the sun comes up. Now for the technical questions. How do I release my hydro so I can push the 149 by hand? Yes it is a running and driving tractor but I don't want to start it in the garage to move it two feet. I am up awake and working when others are sleeping.
Push it! Not gonna hurt a thing!

Really!!? It won't hurt to push it? I don't doubt you I am more astonished. Does this mean I can push a 129 without hurting it? I might more astonished to the point of no return!! The Little Woman took me to see the veterinarians office today and I tested positive for Cub Fever. I hear the only cure for buying too many tractors is to buy more implements attachments?

Really!!? It won't hurt to push it? I don't doubt you I am more astonished. Does this mean I can push a 129 without hurting it? I might more astonished to the point of no return!! The Little Woman took me to see the veterinarians office today and I tested positive for Cub Fever. I hear the only cure for buying too many tractors is to buy more implements attachments?
I wouldn't have said push it if you couldn't do it.
I had my 1450 pulled when I blew a head gasket at a plow day by a 4 wheeler over 1/2 mile at about 20+ MPH and it's still moving today!

I don't doubt your information, not at all, but it doesn't change my astonishment. I have heard nightmares about it and since I "Don't know Jack" and that ain't just a screen name. I am so appreciative that I joined this forum and all the work you and others have put into it. I hope to pass the torch to my grandson or maybe if I am fortunate enough pass it to a great grandchild.

I wouldn't have said push it if you couldn't do it.
I had my 1450 pulled when I blew a head gasket at a plow day by a 4 wheeler over 1/2 mile at about 20+ MPH and it's still moving today!

I may or may not have video evidence of this... I will have to look deep into my Plow Day video archives. I remember seeing it but I may have turned the camera away. I seem to recall that Travis was the one doing the pulling and he gave no mercy to you with regards to speed. :yikes:

Does this mean I can push my 129 also? Here are the pictures. I had nothing to do with the car battery. But I see why he did it.
IMG_20201124_073414.jpg
IMG_20201124_073432.jpg
IMG_20201124_073444.jpg
IMG_20201124_074654.jpg
IMG_20201124_074634.jpg
IMG_20201124_074608.jpg

Lift the DRIVE RELEASE handle on the right side of the tunnel cover and it will roll a lot easier.

I may or may not have video evidence of this... I will have to look deep into my Plow Day video archives. I remember seeing it but I may have turned the camera away. I seem to recall that Travis was the one doing the pulling and he gave no mercy to you with regards to speed. :yikes:

I finally had a chance to look for photos, still haven't checked for video. This was at Plow Day 6 in Iowa. I believe Charlie's wife took these photos.

broke1.JPG
broke2.JPG
broke3.JPG

Gary, those are John Deere cast iron wheel weights. They are highly sought after, worth about $150/set. I believe they are 75lb each.

Kraig,
Tell me he only ran out of gas! LOL :errrr:

Unfortunately, it blew a head gasket, and to make it even worse, it also damaged the head. I sent him a head that I had from a K321 that had developed a window in the block. So it wasn't down for very long.

Back