• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

TSC Paint

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wh cc guy

IHCC Supporter
I don't know if anyone here is still using TSC store paint. They are selling Majic brand cub cadet colors. It is 5.99 a can but is on sale now for 3.99 a can at my local TSC store. Just thought someone here would like to know.

It works, but it's not the best. Takes FOREVER to completely harden, more often than not you can leave fingernail marks in it a week after you first sprayed it.

That being said once it's actually dry it seems to hold up pretty well.

Here in Pgh.Pa. There is paint supply stores. It’s 2021. Why in God’s name would you use that Garbage. I’m sure you have those stores in your town. Just go have them mix you Single stage urethane.

That's like the orange-ish "Cub Cadet Yellow" they started using in the 90's or 2000's. Not correct for an IH or early CCC Cub Cadet. Not to mention that brand is garbage anyway...

You get what you pay for, and paint is no exception..

Yep, no kidding! I got some rattle can paint from high quality brands, goes on well and dries fast, gives a good look too. Then, I got a couple cans of the Majic brand. It goes on "eh" (and seems to clog up the spray nozzle very easily!) and takes absolutely forever to dry. And then when it's finally dry it may not even look that great and you have to paint it again. Even worse is the fact that since it takes so long to dry, there's LOTS of time for dust and dirt and bugs and whatnot to stick to the paint and ruin it even more.

On a side note, when it's not completely dry, it doesn't play well with engine oil either. Was painting an old engine and some oil leaked from an old gasket (that I've since replaced) and ate away a small path in the paint.

If you ask me, definitely not something I would recommend!

I have a 1964 model 100 worker tractor that I spray bombed the yellow with CC paint 23 years ago.. The purpose was more to protect than for looks... It still looks pretty decent after all these years... Use the good stuff and you won't have to do it as often...

Thanks man!

Better yet, find a Case-IH dealer close to you and buy from them. (y) (y)
Case IH paint is runnier than ... oh never mind :feint::rant: For me, its junk. I always get the crap spray bomb that the nozzle plugs up before you even finish spraying your first piece and then spend 1/2 hour getting cleaned out with a pick and thinner. Damn crap!

Latest posts

Back